ROUND 4: Knights v Panthers @ Hunter Stadium

I feel a bit sorry for Mataora.
He was close to being our next firstgrader last year, and he has done nothing wrong. He has got fitter and is playing good football, but Stockwell, Vaivai and Tapine have all gone past him, and yesterday Fitzgibbon had his first game and showed enough to have me thinking he will be close to firstgrade by the end of the season.
But the guys i'm super impressed with are the Saifiti twins. These are two young Willie Masons. They are tall, lean giants with big motors and massive impact.
This is their first year training at this level and they have already shown massive improvement. Both of them need to train with firstgrade, and i don't mean next off season, i mean now.

Nine more wins, and two byes will gives us 30 points Tyrone Fan. 9/20 are pretty goods odds the way we are playing and improving. First three wins we battled and came from behind in each. For the first time we started well, scored nicely and kept pressure on.

They said on Triple M last week that 13 wins definitely will, and 12 probably will. I think we should aim for 24 :D

Watching the press conferences and one journo keeps asking both teams about Wallace being tackled late, give me a break, there was nothing in any of those moments.

Thanks

Forget top 8 though, we should be aiming for top 4.
It's the journos looking for a story with this late tackle crap. The panthers and commentators were fine with it. Beau has his timing down pat now.

Also want to give a special mention to Aku. Even though he let in a try he was safe as houses under the high ball, and how bout that hit from BJ on Wallace in the second half. He battered him into next week...it was brilliant.

And how Kurt got away with that knock on when he dropped it on one of the kickoffs I will never know....but I'll take it.

I feel a bit sorry for Mataora.
He was close to being our next firstgrader last year, and he has done nothing wrong. He has got fitter and is playing good football, but Stockwell, Vaivai and Tapine have all gone past him, and yesterday Fitzgibbon had his first game and showed enough to have me thinking he will be close to firstgrade by the end of the season.
But the guys i'm super impressed with are the Saifiti twins. These are two young Willie Masons. They are tall, lean giants with big motors and massive impact.
This is their first year training at this level and they have already shown massive improvement. Both of them need to train with firstgrade, and i don't mean next off season, i mean now.

I missed two games of NSW Cup but Vaivai has been our best forward without a doubt I think. Tapine was obviously always going to be in front of Mataora too having played a fair few games for us last year. He was also the more sensible option to replace Rochow being a backrower.

Stockwell continues to impress, he has some real mongrel. If Scott was to leave I could see Stockwell providing the grunt and mongrel that Scott currently gives us.

These four wins are so crucial for us especially with the back end of our draw. We've got four of our next six games at home against the Dragons, Eels, Cowboys and Tigers which are all winnable games and in between that we play the struggling Sharks at Remondis which too is a game we could win going off their results thus far and Manly at Brookvale which is a 50/50 going off our efforts from last year in the circumstances as well as their form to start the season.

Depending on our form and whether or not we continue to cause upsets as well as the amount of home games we have we could be in a position to have between 14-22 points by our first by in Round 14. *touch wood*

if we are on 14 points by round 14 I will be devastated, Really if we are fair dinkum we win our next 3 Dragons sharks eels with only the sharks away. Throw in our 2 byes and that's 18 points of the magic 28 buy round 7!

Back