2016 Newcastle Knights Jersey

Trent Hodkinson in our away jersey

1448940753911.jpg

Hodkinson looks great in Knights uniform :)

Did anyone pre-order the 9's jersey? I did a back in October and was expected in November. I havent received mine as yet? Has anyone received theirs?

Geez I love our colours.

A random comment, I know, but there is no better colour combination anywhere than the right shade of red with the right shade of blue, balanced out just right.

I noticed the other day on the Knights online shop that the new (old!) alternate jersey had the darkened lines within the blue and red lines, and as strange as that may seem, I think that has changed my opinion of the whole jersey. I was a little disappointed when I saw they'd gone back to that design for the alternate. I'll freely admit that. And up until the other day, that was still the case for me, but since then, I've had a change of heart and don't mind it at all. I still would have preferred something else (nothing specifically in mind, mind you), but am more for it now than I was previously.

I imagine when they wear that white alternate jersey and white shorts, the socks will also be mostly white, which I think is a bit overkill and unnecessary. I hope they keep the same main socks as they've had the past few seasons (I love them ... best we've ever had in my opinion), and that they also wear them when wearing the alternate jersey/shorts. It won't happen, but I can dream!!

I agree about those dark stripes, they look great and generally we have one of the best colour combinations. I don't like the subtle changes in the home jersey though, I think the block behind the Newpave looks silly and a bit like a cross on the front rather than stripes.

I'll always thought how lucky we were to have red & blue. It's one of the most recognizable & best colour combinations out there, don't know how some other team didn't pick up those colours in the first 80 or so years of the competition.

Except the Roosters, but they chose a darker shade of blue and added white. Still looks good, but there's just something about our shade of blue and red that just works so well and looks amazing either up close or from a distance.

Red and blue forever!

Brisbane wanted red and blue - but the story has it that Newcastle had submitted their proposal for colours before the broncos, apparently Brisbane were unhappy with that and fought the NSWRL but I think it was Ken Arthurson that had the final decision to give us Red and Blue and asked the Brisbane consortium to chose other colours. I dont know how they came to Maroon and Yellow (I suppose it was a Qld colour thing) but yeah, image the Brisbane jersey styled over the years as red and blue...I wonder what our backup colours were if we had any! The diamond jersey the Broncos had would have been a cracker in Red and Blue I reckon! I think I read that fact in Paul Harragon's book many moons ago... does that ring a bell with anyone?

Brisbane wanted red and blue - but the story has it that Newcastle had submitted their proposal for colours before the broncos, apparently Brisbane were unhappy with that and fought the NSWRL but I think it was Ken Arthurson that had the final decision to give us Red and Blue and asked the Brisbane consortium to chose other colours. I dont know how they came to Maroon and Yellow (I suppose it was a Qld colour thing) but yeah, image the Brisbane jersey styled over the years as red and blue...I wonder what our backup colours were if we had any! The diamond jersey the Broncos had would have been a cracker in Red and Blue I reckon! I think I read that fact in Paul Harragon's book many moons ago... does that ring a bell with anyone?

I've got a Knights book at home that has a little bit on our colours. That is correct Newcastle submitted for blue and red first and so were given those colours, Brisbane came up with Maroon as it was a mixture of blue and red but obviously a deeper shade than a classic purple. Where the yellow came from I'm not sure perhaps just a nice accent colour.

I've always loved the colouring of our jersey. The blue and red are the best colours to mesh together but ours tops the Roosters all day everyday. There's is more darker whereas we have a sapphire type blue and it just works. Thank god we were lucky enough to get those two colours. Couldn't imagine any others, wouldn't feel right.

it's a pity that Balmain and Norths colours aren't able to be used by new clubs, because those two are amongst the best 3 or 4 combinations possible. Black and red in particular was always one of the top strips every year.
Parra and Souths have good colours two.
If we had been able to have any colours in 1988 I think they would have asked for the colours Newcastle had in 1908 and 1909, which was "blood and bandages" or red and white hoops.

South's really? Hate the red and green combo!
It's a funny combination because red/green colour blindness is the most common type of colour blindness, and many people, including me, don't see much contrast, but I'm told by people who aren't colour blind that it is very striking

Back