2016 Newcastle Knights Jersey

Daniel Ebert

Jake Mamo
Hi
I am not sure if anyone has started a discussion about this yet, but I found it interesting that in the new membership section, there is a choice to pre-purchase 2016 jerseys that are being "revealed soon" and ready for pick up Mid-November - good to see the Knights getting some business sense and releasing before Christmas like other clubs. It said that the pre-purchase are for Home, Away and Nines. Which is expected to have new jerseys, I know, from a friend who is the brother of an admin girl at the club, said it is no secret they want to move on from the stripes which we have had (effectively) since 2012, but it is the Tinkler jersey and the club needs to move on and build the culture is built on - so.... It will be back to the "heritage" jersey as full time - with the idea of white sponsor/number and yellow on Old Boy's Day. It is the Easts/Dragons/Souths type mentality of this being a long term jersey because, in terms of sales, there are 5-6 other jerseys from the season.
So I really don't know if any other that is true or just the interpretation of 2nd hand knowledge from an admin staff member.

And, interesting when you go to the pre-purchase page, there is a picture of Jarrod Mullen in the horizontal stripes jersey! Coincidence?

I would love a long term jersey as the horizontal stripes. There are plenty of options for kids and new sales every year, but also a current jersey for people who cannot afford a jersey every year.

What does everyone think?

To be honest I'd rather keep the vertical stripes, I was just starting to get used to it and seems like a very timeless jersey. There was something strange about this years heritage jersey, maybe the sponsorship placement. While I'm a fan of the horizontal stripes it's a bit busy in regards to the stripe thickness and whatnot, I'd much rather look at our current jersey for the next 5 odd year than our heritage but that's just me.

If this does actually happen, it just won't be right with white numbers on the heritage jersey :(

After posting this and looking at my avi I'm amazed at how much nicer our heritage Kooga jersey was in comparison to this years ISC one. But at least both jerseys are quite unique in the NRL, as opposed to the weird V obsession which all teams seem to have.

I'm pretty similar, I am used to the stripes jersey as our fulltime jersey now ... but I can understand wanting to get away from the Tinkler stuff.

The '88 design is a beaut, so I will be very happy if it becomes our fulltime jersey!

I just hope they go fully back to the 1988 design and have the front and back the same ... this year's heritage with the blueback was ok, but you can't beat the original!

That would be perfect, our best jersey with the long term vision mentality. I asked Matt Gidley a while back in a Knights Insider if the heritage jersey would make a comeback because all the fans love it, so it'd at least be in the back of his mind if he's involved in this kind of stuff with the new designs. The vertical stripes is a great jersey too, I think when they took the white away it started to look more Knightsy than Tinklery.

I hope it is the "heritage" one that's our main jersey. I know we may have gotten use to the stripes one recently which resembles the 1997 one but to me the Henny Penny one is definitive.

2016 Jerseys

Does anyone know when the 2016 jerseys will be made available? Also does anyone know what they will look like?

I think I read that they'll be revealed in mid November. Not sure if they'll be available straight away but they'll definitely be available before christmas.

Merged with the earlier thread, this should give you the answers you seek [MENTION=320]Lefty[/MENTION].

I love our Home Jersey! Doesnt need to be changed imo! Our away jersey on the other hand......

I love our Home Jersey! Doesnt need to be changed imo! Our away jersey on the other hand......

Yeah I did not understand why they went back to the "white v" jersey. IMO it was one of the worst! On the other hand the immediately previous one was excellent, the red stripe with the blue on top was excellent. Simple, effective, fashionable. One of our best away jerseys.

I would love to explore the possibility of the majority red jersey again (i know they didn't really slam dunk it last time) but, the Illawarra style jersey that the dragons have is good, so the red majority, home and an alternate white could be a goer for jersey sales etc... and I am good if that means our home jersey is the 88 jersey! A jersey similar to that Knights supporters/fan group they had (can't remember what they called themselves? - Knights Army or something) I always liked the look of it. It looked very Newcastle while providing a clear distinction of any other jersey.

I can imagine us wearing a majority red jersey v teams like Roosters, Melbourne, NQ, Canberra, Tigers and white against Rabbits etc...

Word is Matt Gidley hates our current away jersey too, so it will be gone, thank goodness! Ugliest jersey ever.

I agree the previous away jersey was great too - our best ever, I think!

The current away jersey is definitely our worst ever.

If the new away jersey is a good one, I'll buy it.

It doesn't even make sense, it's the away jersey version of a home jersey we haven't worn since 2004!

How's this for an away jersey?
newcastle-knights-home-rugby-shirt-s_1104_1.jpg

For our away jersey id add a touch of red and blue to our 9s jersey. Grey (silver) just makes sense for knights to me

At least im not the only one that hates the away jersey! Not sure what we could do tho! Think they will stick with a majority white one tbh! As long as it aint the grey one! :lol:

Back