Your team for 2019

What does Brown want from a winger. Thought huhges could have slipped into firsts no worries. If he wants a really great one he should be chasing radradra out of rugby.

Hughes will be another Mantellato for mine. Strong in reserve grade but not good enough for First Grade.

Hughes will be 24 next year.
If you haven't cracked firstgrade by 24, it's time the club started spending their development money on 20 year olds like Mitch Andrews, Matt Cooper, Brayden Musgrove and maybe Lauclan Walmsley if someone else doesn't snap him up.

So players who are definitely out of the 36 contracted players for next year are;

Heighington
Lillyman
Lamb
Cogger
Meaney
Naden
Hughes
Johns
Amey
Felise
Pat Mat

Uncertain at this stage;

Ross
Denniss
Sio
Starling
Yates
Hazard
Hosking

new additions

Ramien
Lee
Glasby
Lino
Crossland?
Hoy?
Fermor?

With Felise and Amey out along with Heighinton and Lillyman we will be depending on JSaf, King, Saulo and u20 players from this season to play reserves and provide backup for 1sts. JSaf and King would be likely bench 1sts if no one else signed leaving Saulo and u20s carrying reserves, leaves us a bit thin even if we sign 2 props.

Why would we be letting Amey and Felise go when we already had no depth in the front row this year and we are losing our 2 senior props?
Management must be confident about some signings.

With Felise and Amey out along with Heighinton and Lillyman we will be depending on JSaf, King, Saulo and u20 players from this season to play reserves and provide backup for 1sts. JSaf and King would be likely bench 1sts if no one else signed leaving Saulo and u20s carrying reserves, leaves us a bit thin even if we sign 2 props.
Nothing has been said about Bobby Tracey. He is a big, strong unit - Saifiti sized. His defence needs a lot of work - but that is what Woolf is here for.
Our prop rotation in under 20s was fantastic this year - all of them deserve a chance - but going with that many 20 year olds seems a problem.
Brodie Jones is getting bigger every time I see him. He used to be a prop in lower grades - wouldn't surprize me if he is prop next year.
Hosking was putting up really good numbers at lock/prop at the end of the season. Mostly a defender though. He trained all last off season in the gym and put on 10kg - he needs to do that again and he'll be a clone of his old man. In 4 of his last 6 games he played over 70 minutes as a middle forward and made over 40 tackles - his best in his last game - 72 minutes, 49 tackles, 1 missed, 69 metres run. He is 190cm but only 93kg. He needs to be 103kg and capable of bending the line a bit.

Last edited:
Barry Toohey has told me Junior Roqica and Matt Allwood are not being resigned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barry Toohey has told me Junior Roqica and Matt Allwood are not being resigned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the guys who have been in senior squads at other teams like Junior, Allwood, Naden, Cronan, Mataofa, Felise and even Hughes don't seem to kick on here.
I hope when the new facilities are built that we will be able to bring in guys who want to put in the hours and give them all the resources they need to train like fulltime professionals, because what we are doing now doesn't seem to work. These guys don't kick on at all.

All the guys who have been in senior squads at other teams like Junior, Allwood, Naden, Cronan, Mataofa, Felise and even Hughes don't seem to kick on here.
I hope when the new facilities are built that we will be able to bring in guys who want to put in the hours and give them all the resources they need to train like fulltime professionals, because what we are doing now doesn't seem to work. These guys don't kick on at all.

Whens the center due for completion?

Whens the center due for completion?
God knows.
Last time I saw a plan they had completely thrown out the original plan of building it on the trotting track site and were now going to build it into the Goninan Hill end of the stadium and part of the carpark, so it doesn't look like we are getting the 3 practice grounds promised or the restaurant and museum in the original plan.
Won't surprize me if we end up getting the Paul Harrogan memorial ****house for our $20 mill.

Jake and Tommy Turbo are rumored to want out of Manly...

Would love them in the red and blue.

What a spine that could be.
1 Tommy turbo
6 Ponga
7 Pearce
9 Levi/Watson
14 Watson/Levi

With Jake at Lock... Geez that has excitement all over it

youngest brother Ben might be ready for firstgrade in about 2 years. He is 16 and I think Tom made firstgrade at 18, and he looks like a clone of Tom.

Back