ROUND 6: Knights v Sharks @ Remondis Stadium

Jimmy Mac basically won the cowboys game with his defence. He has as much chance of getting dropped as I do of making the bench.

Well there's no chance with Rochow & Scott both sitting out. At full strength it would come down to Houston & Fa'alogo, but even then I reckon it'd be Fa'alogo who'd get dropped.

Mindless rubbish.
He is an 18 year old rookie learning a new position.
All those who claim to know what Sione is, or will be, capable of over his career are either gifted psychics, or dribbling idiots.
Pigeon holing an 18 year old as capable of only doing this or that is pretty much delusional.
I wasn't a great fan of moving him to fullback in NYC, and his first few games in NYC were pretty poor - much worse than Mamo and Donovan, the guys they moved to make way for him, but since then he has made steady improvement just about every game, and yesterday he turned in his first quality game at fullback, after maybe 10 games. Let me say that again - he has gone from poor in NYC to quality in firstgrade in 10 games, having never really played the position.
Guys like Shannon McDonnell and David Seage played fullback in juniors and lower grades for about 10 years before finally getting a shot at firstgrade, and they didn't do as well as this 18 year old with zero experience.
Even Kurt Gidley had years of experience in the juniors as a fullback, and he was rubbish in firstgrade for about half a season, or twice as long as Sione has been given.
He might have a poor game next week, and the armchair critics will probably say that is proof he will never learn, and i'll say he is still learning and will continue to improve over time.

You have been making it out like what Sione has been doing at fullback some sort of miracle. When really he has been playing a wingers game in the fullback role.
No doubt he's going to be a pretty good player for us but he's not the star miracle player you're making him out to be.

I agree when Billy says that Sione is 18 years old and has played perhaps 10-15 games at fullback in his life so its a miracle he's able to not completely suck in first grade. based on those qualifiers he's doing well.

But graded against other nrl fullbacks he's not. doesn't position himself well, looks uncomfortable under the high ball, still no line breaks, tries or assists in six games. even that old plodder jimmy mac has three line breaks. he returns the ball strongly from kicks which is a refreshing change from darius, but that's about the extent of it.

which is not to say that he can't improve all of those things. he might be one of the top fullbacks in the comp after two years development. or not. but right now he definitely isn't and needs to work on lots of things. so shuffling the spine to accommodate an 18 year old doesn't make sense.

What it goin to take to get houston dropped

Well it helps if we drive an online campaign with the hope that some part of it trickles through to the broader base of fans, or people closer to the team itself. But I've tried this and sensitive babies like Joel and insomniac felt that my 'Houston hate' was unjustified, despite the lolly arm king having one decent game in every 10 very poor games

- - - Updated - - -

The Knights lost 4 in a row in 2001, luckily we weren't such pessimists back then.

Mate we had Joey in 2001, I've got very little confidence that we will improve unless Stone makes changes, and I can't see him making changes

And the reason we dropped four games in 2001 is because Joey had done his knee. And no we ain't got no Joey (Johns) and no Joy either!

Well it helps if we drive an online campaign with the hope that some part of it trickles through to the broader base of fans, or people closer to the team itself. But I've tried this and sensitive babies like Joel and insomniac felt that my 'Houston hate' was unjustified, despite the lolly arm king having one decent game in every 10 very poor games

- - - Updated - - -

Mate we had Joey in 2001, I've got very little confidence that we will improve unless Stone makes changes, and I can't see him making changes
Can you please not mention me with pedestrian insults in your posts, thank you. :)

And the reason we dropped four games in 2001 is because Joey had done his knee. And no we ain't got no Joey (Johns) and no Joy either!

Not exactly, one man teams don't win premierships, even without joey the side was still vastly superior to the one we have now and they dropped games by massive margins, for as incredibly bad as the knights have played in the last fortnight they've still been in with a small chance as their defence is preventing teams from running away with games.

Um excuse me, I never had a go at anyone for being too harsh on Houston. In fact I got in trouble myself for giving it to Houston.

If you want to insult someone at least make sure it's accurate.

Why the insults anyway? 2015 is the ****est this forum has been since I have been around. It used to only be grammatical corrections, now it's personal insults.

Regarding the insults, Next person who does it will get an official warning

After 3 warnings you will serve a ban

It will not be tolerated

Players' Player: Round 6

Mon 13th April, 12:41PM

While not many things went the way of the Knights in Friday night's loss to the Cronulla Sharks, Fijiian winger Akuila Uate did record his 100th try for the Club.

On top of that he ran more metres with the ball than any Knights player and made a crucial strip on Wade Graham when the second-rower looked to be through the defensive line.

While Uate is the highest scoring Fijiian ever in the NRL, he is still looking forwards to bagging plenty more in 2015.

STATS

Metres: 163
Runs: 17
Tries: 1
Offloads: 1
Linebreaks: 1
Tackles: 4

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2015/04/13/players_player_round.html

Back