Knights release Jesse Ramien

Last Thursday I watched him play for the Jets at Southern Cross group stadium and he looked super sharp in his feet. He plays a lot like Jimmy the Jet. Not as quick but super agile. He played well enough to get a start in FG. It got me excited so I thought I'd post about on the forum - is that OK with you CBM? :lol:

I gotta say, and Im speaking to the entire forum here. If the mods are interested in keeping the peace on here Id encourage them to take notice of things like this. There is spite and dislike oozing from posts from both CBM and 88

Its pathetic guys. Get over me. For the sake of the forum please

How did i have spite kenny?
3wks ago you asked how he played as a centre yes? Now today you feel you know the answer to that question you posted.

No spite mate.

Folau is getting old now & has spent so much time out of the sport. I'd have fears he'll do a Hayne & just not be the same player he was. 1 million for a centre would be dumb too. Maybe he legitimately still could kill it, but you just fear it could be a momentous waste of money & time for some poor, unsuspecting club.

Last Thursday I watched him play for the Jets at Southern Cross group stadium and he looked super sharp in his feet. He plays a lot like Jimmy the Jet. Not as quick but super agile. He played well enough to get a start in FG. It got me excited so I thought I'd post about on the forum - is that OK with you CBM? :lol:

I gotta say, and Im speaking to the entire forum here. If the mods are interested in keeping the peace on here Id encourage them to take notice of things like this. There is spite and dislike oozing from posts from both CBM and 88

Its pathetic guys. Get over me. For the sake of the forum please

Ahhh so the whole one game was enough to convince you. Good to see the consistency of you being so easily convinced after one solid game.

Yes he is class but I base my judgement off many times seeing him and don't go off over watching one game of a rated junior/kid like yourself.

You do realise others here are taking the p*ss out of you as well not just myself and 88. Your fascination with us just blinds you from seeing it.

Folau is getting old now & has spent so much time out of the sport. I'd have fears he'll do a Hayne & just not be the same player he was. 1 million for a centre would be dumb too. Maybe he legitimately still could kill it, but you just fear it could be a momentous waste of money & time for some poor, unsuspecting club.

Falou would have as much impact at a club that Hayne is currently having at the Eels in my opinion.

Would just bring to much unwanted publicity for very little return. Can't see Falou ever being as good at league as he was after years of little to no defence and a lot less carries of the ball that he would get in league.

Ahhh so the whole one game was enough to convince you. Good to see the consistency of you being so easily convinced after one solid game.

Yes he is class but I base my judgement off many times seeing him and don't go off over watching one game of a rated junior/kid like yourself.

You do realise others here are taking the p*ss out of you as well not just myself and 88. Your fascination with us just blinds you from seeing it.

Convinced? Of what exactly? Didnt say he was the next Jimmy Jet lol. I said he is agile and good on his feet. Which is an observation that can be garnered from a single game. Notwithstanding that, he is touted by the entire rugby league community as a future star. My first statement, the one you attacked me for, I said that 'by seasons end we MAY have a classy centre on his way to the club' and that was contingent on him possibly having a good season

Honestly whats wrong with you? Everything youve said in the last two posts has been wrong. But that doesnt stop you from attacking me.

You'r actually obsessed with me mate. Why not get a girl friend? A mail order if you have to. And if you only work at a bottlo, there are really cheap options from southeast asia you can try ! Please mate, for everyone's sake, just quit it. No one is enjoying this

:newcastle:

Ace it up Kenny!
I can see you're upset but keep it out of the gutter bro!
Some pretty immature sh*t in your last post!
Cheers
Chief

Folau was the best winger back in the day. Absolute freak. Would love to see him back in the game today, but that $1M price tag is ridiculous for the position he plays. Don’t mind if someone pays it, just hope it’s not Newcastle.

If we’re throwing that kind of money around, court SBW. He’s a game changing back rower.

Convinced? Of what exactly? Didnt say he was the next Jimmy Jet lol. I said he is agile and good on his feet. Which is an observation that can be garnered from a single game. Notwithstanding that, he is touted by the entire rugby league community as a future star. My first statement, the one you attacked me for, I said that 'by seasons end we MAY have a classy centre on his way to the club' and that was contingent on him possibly having a good season

Honestly whats wrong with you? Everything youve said in the last two posts has been wrong. But that doesnt stop you from attacking me.

You'r actually obsessed with me mate. Why not get a girl friend? A mail order if you have to. And if you only work at a bottlo, there are really cheap options from southeast asia you can try ! Please mate, for everyone's sake, just quit it. No one is enjoying this

:newcastle:

So what I get from all this is that yes it only took one game for you to be convinced that he could be a classy centre by seasons end. Thanks. Keep up that consistency.

Someone has woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Trying to hit nerves over a internet forum? That this new Kenny persona was trying to stay away from personal trash and insults. Guess the old one can never leave.

Falou would have as much impact at a club that Hayne is currently having at the Eels in my opinion.

I saw Folau at the shops in person one time, and as a person who is over 6 feet comfortably the guy is HUGE. I swear he is actually like 2m tall haha.

SBW is one of the most overrated players in the history of the NRL. A phenomenal athlete though.

Agreed, but I probably don’t mean it in the same way that you do.

SBW could be the best player to ever play the game and he’d likely still be overrated. That’s how much the media has previously covered him and pumped him up. I remember Gus used to cream his pants whenever commentating one of his games. The love affair with him was way over the top.

With all of that said... he’s one of the most impactful players we’ve seen in recent times. When he joined Roosters in 2013, they went from 13th the season prior to minor premiers and grand final winners. Then they backed that up with being minor premiers the next season. Granted, they had some great additions that 2012 offseason (Maloney, Jennings and Trent Robinson come to mind), but SBW was huge for them. Guy impacts the game so much, he’s so damaging. If Cordner (who I’m a big fan of) is worth $800K, SBW is worth $1M if he can replicate anything he used to do.

Yeah SBW would demand a lot of money in the NRL, but with his age as well as the fact that there are just as good and young back rowers who can do similar things and have a similar impact I think he would decline in the NRL because most of his abilities are related to his phenomenal athleticism. Which is why he's able to stuff like union and boxing in between.

But like you said I think the biggest reason why he's so overrated is because of the small sample size of his career in the NRL and playing behind good forward packs. It's easy for players to look good in a good pack but when the bulldogs weren't world beaters he was a mere mortal, he was good but unsurprisingly not elite.

In a way blokes like him paved the way for impact back rowers as opposed to the workhorse ones we used to see like Hindmarsh, Andrew Ryan, Michael Luck that go through large work rates. Those almost don't exist these days.

Back