Third Man In Podcast

turtonrd

Dave Woods
Hey guys, just wanted to give a plug to an NRL and general sports podcast that I'm on. The website is http://thirdmaninpodcast.com/ and our episodes are here: http://thirdmaninpodcast.podbean.com/

A bit of our story: we're 6 guys who went to high school together in Newcastle, and spent a lot of our time in class talking about the NRL and sport in general. A few months ago we decided on a whim to start making a podcast, predominantly focusing on the NRL but also covering other sports. Our episodes usually run for 30-40 minutes of us shooting the breeze about various sporting topics. We're aiming to make it a podcast that is easy to listen to and entertaining for fellow sports and NRL nuts.

On the podcast we have 3 Knights fans, a Dragons fan, a Broncos fan (who is the lone Queenslander on the show) and an Eels fan. To put a voice to the username, I'm the first voice you'll hear introducing all of the podcasts except for the most recent episode. And in case you're wondering, the name is a tribute to one of our most hated players, especially at Origin time, Sam 'Third Man In' Thaiday.

A few other new NRL podcasts have promoted themselves by asking league personalities for retweets etc, but we're trying to be a podcast for the fans, by the fans, so we're coming straight to the fans themselves. It'd be awesome if you guys on here could give us a listen and some feedback on what you liked, didn't like and any areas we can improve on. We're still fairly new to the podcast world so any tips anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

If you do enjoy it, tell your friends who might like it because it gives us a massive thrill to see people enjoying what we're putting out and we'd like to entertain as many people as we can.

Also, we're now a Sportsbet affiliate podcast, and they sponsor the Knights, so technically by listening, you're just supporting someone who financially supports the club ;) thanks!

Podcast is very well done. Professionally made, and also allows for some humour. As well as detailed analysis of the game and it seems as though you guys really do understand the game. Well done my good man! :)

Thanks heaps man! Awesome to hear that you're enjoying it. We recorded this weeks episode today, it'll be up tomorrow for anyone interested :D

Back