State of Origin .. Real as a $3.00 Note.....

Discussion in 'Rep Footy' started by member 2299, Feb 14, 2018.

1. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Well here we are 2018 and guess what?

NSW loses its two home ground games advantage in order to take the game to Melbourne giving Queensland another home game.

You can bet in 2019 two games will be played at that den on iniquity Suncorp packed to the roof.

Now for you punters, what will happen in 2020 when the Blues are entitled to two home games? You guessed it.

Turdburg is moving one of the NSW games to that rugby capital of Antartica, Adelaide.

It really is time to blow the whistle on this competition damaging PR crap! It is only about redneck maroon pride, bums on seats and big bucks.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...t/news-story/d3aabd918cf8b25f4666f7b2bc5769a9

2. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

Said this before, SOO should be played on home and away, winning side from previous year gets one home game and losing side two. If team, NSW or QLD want they can pick the venue, in other words if played at neutral ground then they make the choice. As long as a side keeps winning the series they only get one home game this will stop either side from long domination period.

3. Tasgirl

Tasgirl Tasgirl

Hippie.
    I wouldn't care a bit if they just ditched State Of Convenience, they won't, although great footy is played, it's still the NRL's greatest cash cow.......should be played at end of season.

4. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Yep I agree. I don’t know why it has to be 3 games over 8 weeks or whatever it is of gutted club teams and injured players on an already ridiculously long season.

If you shortened the season there would be much more entertaining footy.

Tasgirl likes this.