Knights Off Contract

Here I go, putting it all out there, no more signings this is my squad, teams for 2018, preference has been given to already signed players, not interested in selection within, is this the best we have at this time.
1sts. Res. Fringe-P/time

1. Ponga........ Meaney
2. Ross.......

Chanel/Hughes X
3. Moga. Denniss. ......... Gagan X
4. SKD. Pete M X. ........ Donovan X
5. Sio. Elliott. X ......... Cronan X
6. Watson. Lamb. ......... Johns X (u/20)
7. Hodko. .Cogger. ............ Feeney X
8. Dan S. Pauli X. ........ King C X (u/20)
9. Levi. Starling T (u/20).
10. Esee. Stockwell X. ........ Butterfield X (u/20)
11. Sione. Pat Mat. ........ Pulivea X (u/20)
12. Guerra. Fitzy X. ........ Tuilotolava X (u/20)
13. Barnett. Amey X ........ Hosting X (u/20)
14. Buhrer. Yates X. ........ Taunts-Brown X
15. Stone. Robson. X.
16. King J. Smith B X.
17. Jacob S. Pythian.

25 Signed
10 not signed
35 total
11 Fringe-Part/time (5 current plus 6 from u/20)
46 Total

If no more signings this is the likely squad, or if you like my selections

Players gone/not signed, Kostjasyn (inj/retired), Mullen (banned), Mataora (retired), Starling J (retired), Randell (EPL), Paea (EPL), Wardle (EPL), Tupuo (retired), ...... Let go .... Pearsell, Bhana, Faitotoa, McNamara, Bernstrom, Morris, Finn, Johnson, Naughton.......... 17
My apologies if left any one out, misspelt names or offended due to my selection.
Further signings in future will alter this but for the better we hope, this is what I see as our worst scenario for 2018.
It ain't all that bad.

Last edited:
X sorry my bad typo, fringe players are.... Gagan, Donova, Cronan, Johns, Feeney, King C, Butterfield, Pulivea, Tuilotolava, Hosking, Taunoa-Brown.
Players marked with X not signed that I am aware.

That looks about right, although Stockwell, Pauli and Butterfield might all have too many injury problems to keep, and we might still sign 3 or 4 players - mostly forwards with luck.

If we were to sign more players then some would go, like for like.
If we sign say 2 props then Stockwell, Pauli and Butterfield would be in danger of dropping out if they are experienced then most likely Stockwell and Pauli.

Pretty sure stocky is going to SL if we sign anyone or not.
What a faarrrrrking bum he is, could of been a gun forward and turned into the biggest disappointment in a long long time imo.

Stockwell never had it and I said it at the time of the signing.

He was let go early at a then bog average Dragons pack. The signs were clear as day on his playing ability.

Moving to a top 30 next year, looking at the players already signed probably 5 or 6 new players to come if guys like Starling and Pete aren't being retained.

Pretty sure stocky is going to SL if we sign anyone or not.
What a faarrrrrking bum he is, could of been a gun forward and turned into the biggest disappointment in a long long time imo.

Not even and no one else is in the league of the Sims sisters that we had.

They made Kirk look like Paul Harrogan.

He was let go early at a then bog average Dragons pack. The signs were clear as day on his playing ability.

He had ability, he just doesn't have the mindset.

That's a bit unfair. He was good for us his first year before injury struck him down. I reckon his papers were marked as soon as Brown came in though after seeing the dollars he was on. After that it's hard to perform when the coach doesn't want you around

Excuse my lack of knowledge but note lots of talk on how much players are/were on, is it common knowledge to know this, where do we find that info or is it just stab in the dark, rumours or what.

Excuse my lack of knowledge but note lots of talk on how much players are/were on, is it common knowledge to know this, where do we find that info or is it just stab in the dark, rumours or what.
No one knows.
The club doesn't say.
The players don't say mostly (a few do).
Most of what we hear is press speculation or managers trying to talk up or talk down contracts.
All of it has to be taken with a grain of salt.

That's a bit unfair. He was good for us his first year before injury struck him down. I reckon his papers were marked as soon as Brown came in though after seeing the dollars he was on. After that it's hard to perform when the coach doesn't want you around

His been given opportunities in first.

Sure injury has played a part but just as likely it's a Sims attitude of refusing to prove when asked.

So how did he get to play as many games as he has, yes his form doesn't make you want to sign him again.

We are moving past the point of signing every one else's cast offs and Brown is rightly culling our own.

1 successful year and we'll be paying the same as everyone else and won't be considered to be career killers anymore.

We have a lot to thank Brown, Mooney and seemingly Gids as well.

It's all speculation in the media, usually where there is smoke there is fire however

Back