Scott Bolton charged with indecent assault

Discussion in 'General Rugby League' started by rhugh89, May 6, 2018.

  1. rhugh89

    rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2012
    Posts:
    25,181
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Brisbane
    Cowboys forward Scott Bolton charged with indecent assault



    Phil Rothfield, The Daily Telegraph
    42 minutes ago




    NORTH Queensland Cowboys NRL star Scott Bolton has been charged with indecent assault after an incident in a Bondi bar on Saturday night.

    The team has been staying in Sydney after playing in Bathurst on Friday night to prepare for the game against the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval on Thursday night.

    A number of Cowboys players were out drinking in Sydney’s eastern suburbs when the incident is alleged to have occurred.

    Waverley detectives are investigating.

    The 30-year-old forward has played 11 seasons and more than 200 games for the Cowboys.

    He was married to his wife Michelle in 2016 and has never been in trouble.

    The Daily Telegraph understands the NRL integrity unit has been informed of incident.

    “We’re just trying to get the facts,” said Cowboys general manager Peter Parr.

    “We won’t be making a statement before we know more.”

    The Cowboys are yet to decide if Bolton will stay in Sydney with the rest of the team.


    https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/c5d394954ed2b8aaed7150efdb5c18e1
     
  2. rhugh89

    rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2012
    Posts:
    25,181
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Brisbane
    Cowboys prop Bolton charged with indecent assault


    NRL.com
    Sun 6 May 2018, 05:58 PM



    The NRL Integrity Unit has been made aware of allegations against North Queensland prop Scott Bolton over an incident at Bondi Beach on Saturday night in which he was charged with indecent assault.

    An NRL spokesman confirmed to NRL.com that the Cowboys had informed NRL officials about the incident.

    Bolton has been granted conditional bail after he was charged in relation to the alleged indecent assault of a woman at Bondi Beach.

    The NSW Police Force released a statement on the incident:

    "A man has been granted conditional bail to appear in court later this month charged over the alleged indecent assault of a woman at Bondi Beach overnight.

    "Police were called to licenced premises on Campbell parade about 10.50pm (Saturday 5 May 2018), after a female patron reported she had been indecently assaulted.

    "Officers from Eastern Suburbs Police Area Command initiated an investigation and arrested a 30-year-old man about 9.20am (Sunday 6 May 2018), at Waverley Police Station.

    "The man, who is from Queensland, has been charged with assault with an act of indecency. He was granted conditional bail to appear in Waverley Local Court on Tuesday 19 June 2018."

    The Cowboys have been staying in Sydney after Friday night's win over the Penrith Panthers in Bathurst to prepare for Thursday night's clash with the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval.

    Bolton, 30, has played 215 NRL games for the Cowboys since making his debut in 2007 and was a member of the club's 2015 premiership-winning team.

    A Cowboys spokesman said the club would release a statement on Sunday night.


    https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/06...d-scott-bolton-charged-with-indecent-assault/
     
  3. cowboyman

    cowboyman Timana Tahu

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    Posts:
    3,181
    Occupation:
    Hospitality
    Location:
    Hunter/UK
    Would of been one of the last players I’d ever think of to get himself in this situation.
     
  4. rhugh89

    rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2012
    Posts:
    25,181
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Brisbane
    Statement from Scott Bolton

    “I understand that our members, partners and fans would like me to talk about the allegation that has been made against me.

    “However, since this is a matter that involves the police and the NRL integrity unit, I am unable to make any comments about the incident right now.

    “What I can say is that I am taking the matter very seriously and co-operating fully with both the police and the NRL integrity unit.”

    “I have been approved to play by the NRL and the club during the investigation and so will work with the coach and our football department to decide whether I will play this week or not.

    “I would ask that you respect the privacy of my wife and my family who are supporting me through this difficult time.”


    https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/55d34ec63b7580642f79c387fe1c7ff0
     
  5. rhugh89

    rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2012
    Posts:
    25,181
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Brisbane
    Cowboy Scott Bolton’s sex assault case in court



    Ashleigh Gleeson, The Daily Telegraph
    An hour ago




    COWBOYS forward Scott Bolton did not appear in court today to answer charges he indecently assaulted a 49-year-old woman after he allegedly grabbed her genitalia at a Bondi pub last month.

    His matter was mentioned at Waverley Local Court for the first time this morning however Bolton did not appear and was represented by his lawyer.

    The matter was adjourned to August 8.

    Police allege between 10.30pm and 10.35pm on May 5 Bolton assaulted the woman and at the time of the assault he committed an act of indecency by grabbing her genitalia at the Bondi Beach Public Bar.

    The NRL star was charged the following day at Waverley Police Station at 9.20am.

    Bolton had gone to Bondi Beach Public Bar with teammates following the Cowboys 26-20 win over the Penrith Panthers in Bathurst.

    The team was staying in Sydney ahead of a game against the Wests Tigers.

    Several players continued to drink after their meal and by 10.50pm police allegedly received a phone call regarding a complaint from a female patron. By the time investigators arrived the Cowboys had moved on.

    Bolton broke down when he spoke publicly about the charges for the first time.

    “I understand that our members, partners and fans would like me to talk about the allegation that has been made against me,” he said.

    “However, since this is a matter that involves the police and the NRL integrity unit, I am unable to make any comments about the incident right now.

    “What I can say is that I am taking the matter very seriously and co-operating fully with both the police and the NRL integrity unit.

    “I have been approved to play by the NRL and the club during the investigation and so will work with the coach and our football department to decide whether I will play this week or not.”


    https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...t/news-story/35ed5c0dd09d25fab6c059ce808629df
     

Share This Page