Sam Thaiday

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Quinny, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Quinny

Quinny Paul Rauhihi

Student
    Bennett has told Thaiday he won't be offered a new contract. It's very unlikely he will leave Queensland but Thaiday is the experienced forward we need he can play up front and has good footwork and still has at least two years in him since his only 32. Thaidays club form has been good this year his averageing over 100m a game the only Brisbane prop apart from Ese'ese to do so. I think throwing some decent money at Thaiday for two years to nurture our young props would be money well spent.

2. Tubby

Tubby Gary Wurth

He is signed to Broncos until the end of 2018, which means he'll be 34 after that season. I personally think he'll want to retire a one team player

3. Quinny

Quinny Paul Rauhihi

Student
    Yea I think he will remain a one club player too. Odd time to make this call with a year to run on his deal thou thought he must have been off contract if Bennett was making this call now, plus with his service to the club I would have thought Thaiday would have been given at least the off season to consider his future and make his own call.

4. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

Yeah I don't think Sam would even think about it. He will stay a 1 club player. I've heard him bag us aplenty in the past.

5. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

Dead thread.

Simon Templar likes this.
  6. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Danny Levi

Project Manager
    It is a pity Sam will be a no show, as he is exactly the type of veteran prop we need for a year to show our current crop the way to go forward with intensity.

7. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Pass. Next thread please.

8. Jonno

Jonno The 18th Man

Mining Engineer
    Probably just Bennett being a senile old fool, and having a whinge because he has lost some pretty good props over the last few seasons, and saying he has to get rid of Thaiday because the Salary Cap doesnt allow you to keep one-club players in their twilight years...

Maybe stop signing blokes on a $1M contracts from other clubs like Milford/Bird etc.

9. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Even from a point of view of why would the Knights sign him, Thaiday isn't uprooting his family to New South Wales for $500k (and that's being generous at his age)
    He could probably make that being taken care of by the Thouroughbreds up north and not playing footy.