Round 22: Newcastle Knights vs New Zealand Warriors

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rhugh89

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
ZmFsbGJhY2s9bnVsbC5wbmd8MTQyMDE4MThjeG8uY3wxNDIwMTgxOA==
NDgyMDE4NnxjeG8uYXxodHRwczovL2NvbnRlbnQuZm94c3BvcnRzLmNvbS5hdS9mcy90ZWFtLWxvZ29zL2xlYWd1ZS8yNTB4MjAwLzU1MDAzLnBuZz9mYWxsYmFjaz1udWxsLnBuZ3w0ODIwMTg2Y3hvLmF8ZTA1NTJlZQ==

FRIDAY 10TH AUGUST, 2018 @ 6:00PM
MT SMART STADIUM, AUCKLAND

OFFICIALS

REFEREES: MATT CECCHIN AND ALAN SHORTALL
SIDELINE OFFICIALS: BELINDA SLEEMAN AND CHRIS MCMILLAN
VIDEO REFEREES: ASHLEY KLEIN AND BEN GALEA

LOWER GRADES

ISP: NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS VS NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS
SATURDAY AUGUST 11TH, 2018 @ 3:00PM

JERSEY FLEGG: NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS VS NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS
SATURDAY AUGUST 11TH, 2018 @ 1:00PM

KNIGHTS TEAM

1. KALYN PONGA
2. KEN SIO
3. SIONE MATA'UTIA
4. CORY DENNISS
5. SHAUN KENNY-DOWALL
6. JACK COGGER
7. MITCHELL PEARCE (C)
8. HERMAN ESE'ESE
9. DANNY LEVI
10. DANIEL SAIFITI
11. LACHLAN FITZGIBBON
12. MITCH BARNETT
13. AIDAN GUERRA

14. JAMIE BUHRER (C)
15. CHRIS HEIGHINGTON
16. PASAMI SAULO
17. JJ FELISE

18. NICK MEANEY
19. JOSH KING
20. BROCK LAMB
21. LUKE YATES

STATS

PLAYER AND TEAM STATS
MATCH STATS
HISTORICAL STATS

UPCOMING MILESTONES

- MITCHELL PEARCE REQUIRES 1 MORE GAME TO REACH 250 NRL GAMES

2 up and down teams coming of the back of a good and poor performance respectively.

I’m predicting the Warriors by 50 or a 0-0 draw.

Hi from the Warriors. Always look forward to these games as they are usually good games whatever the result.

As I see it our team has made major steps forward in terms of fitness and resilience. This is shown in the away record which is way better than the home record. The addition of Blair Green and Harris along with a fit Luke has made a big difference.

After a strong start to the year the middle has been more inconsistent. I expect better now our injured players are coming back. Only really Tohu Harris to return. A fit and firing spine will ve vital as it is a very good one.

The only real conjecture is bench makeup as opinions are divided on Tevaga and Lisone. The other worry is Kata wil not pass to Maumalo who is proving to be just as destructive as Vatuvei but less error prone. No personal issues just Kata is a ball hog.

I expect a good game and not being disrespectful but think our guys will have the edge in a close one.

Hi from the Warriors. Always look forward to these games as they are usually good games whatever the result.

As I see it our team has made major steps forward in terms of fitness and resilience. This is shown in the away record which is way better than the home record. The addition of Blair Green and Harris along with a fit Luke has made a big difference.

After a strong start to the year the middle has been more inconsistent. I expect better now our injured players are coming back. Only really Tohu Harris to return. A fit and firing spine will ve vital as it is a very good one.

The only real conjecture is bench makeup as opinions are divided on Tevaga and Lisone. The other worry is Kata wil not pass to Maumalo who is proving to be just as destructive as Vatuvei but less error prone. No personal issues just Kata is a ball hog.

I expect a good game and not being disrespectful but think our guys will have the edge in a close one.
Always good to hear from you when we play the Warriors mate, Good luck and hopefully we get a good game !!

You havent seen our home record then.

I havent been following things much. How do you guys rate your season. Losing Ponga and Pearce for long stints cant have helped.

Highlight for me with our guys was smashing the Roosters and their fans moaning we must be rorting the Cap. That from the bloody Roosters.

You havent seen our home record then.

I havent been following things much. How do you guys rate your season. Losing Ponga and Pearce for long stints cant have helped.

Highlight for me with our guys was smashing the Roosters and their fans moaning we must be rorting the Cap. That from the bloody Roosters.
I think it has exceeded most people’s expectations. I doubt anyone would’ve expected a top 8 finish straight after 3 consecutive spoons, but that 9-12th bracket seemed the most realistic at the end of the day which looks to be the case, fingers crossed we don’t slip any further. Losing Pearce, Ponga, Watson, Moga, Griffin, Saifiti’s x 2 and Ross for extended periods hasn’t helped our case whatsoever and we haven’t fielded a full strength spine for more than a couple of games this season which never helps. Anything but a top 8 finish next year would be a failure in my personal opinion. We’ve had time to cut the deadwood and bring in some experience and get together a roster worthy of challenging for a finals spot, so next year is the time to put it in place.

That is a terrible injury list for a developing team. At least both clubs have shut up the experts putting us as wooden spooners.

We should make the 8. How far we get will be down to keeping our players on the park. Key men are RTS and Issac Luke.

Let's face it if Watson and Pearce are out injured who else but Cogger and Lamb, forget your hate, the dislike of locals, poor form etc, who else, no one.

Lisone gone. No major loss for us. Afoa OK with a guilty plea I understand. Bunty is the most improved Prop in the comp for me.
Yeah I've watched Afoa in a few games this year and he has impressed, Racking up some impressive numbers in short minutes as well

Averages 24 tackles and 90m in less than a half of footy, Excellent tackle efficiency and almost 40% of his total metres are post contact

Bunty Afoa in 2018

Games - 18
Average Minutes - 36
Metres - 1,621
Post Contact Metres - 641
Average Metres Per Game - 90.1
Tackle Breaks - 20
Line Breaks - 2
Tackles Per Game - 24.2
Tackle Efficiency - 94.1%
Offloads - 7

Yeah I've watched Afoa in a few games this year and he has impressed, Racking up some impressive numbers in short minutes as well

Averages 24 tackles and 90m in less than a half of footy, Excellent tackle efficiency and almost 40% of his total metres are post contact

Bunty Afoa in 2018

Games - 18
Average Minutes - 36
Metres - 1,621
Post Contact Metres - 641
Average Metres Per Game - 90.1
Tackle Breaks - 20
Line Breaks - 2
Tackles Per Game - 24.2
Tackle Efficiency - 94.1%
Offloads - 7

Good player and a better person from what Ive heard. Lisone on the other hand is a wannabe gangster and dumb as a bag of hammers.

Sounds like we could be getting a Cogger/Ponga halves combo with Meaney at the back.

I reckon so, unless Lamb gets a reprieve.

Haven't heard how Ponga's ankle pulled up, if he's in doubt our attack is a limp as an octogenarian without a prostate.

Who ever they put there needs to play with intent , take your chances and leave nothing on the tank, we need to see at least a sparkle of hope.

Back