Round 15: Newcastle Knights vs Melbourne Storm

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Storm 1-12

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Storm 13+

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agree. It would be a massive accolade for a young man but would hurt the Knights too much. We really can't afford for Qld to reach out to KP.
FWIW - I can't believe Guerra hasn't been thrown in the mix. Surely we aren't the only ones that see his worth...

Guerra's style of play is the kind that would only be appreciated by his own team's fans. The majority of people probably assume he's just continued to disappear off the edge of the planet here.

Injury rules Knights forward out of Storm clash

Newcastle Knights
Sat 16 Jun 2018, 02:41 PM

Veteran Newcastle enforcer Jacob Lillyman has been ruled out of Sunday's clash against Melbourne at McDonald Jones Stadium.

The nib Newcastle Knights forward misses the Round 15 match due to an abdominal strain.

It's another blow for the home team who are already without a host of stars.

Jamie Buhrer is sidelined with a knee injury, while forwards Jacob Saifiti (shoulder) and Daniel Saifiti (foot) are also unavailable.

Lillyman, 34, drops off the bench for the Storm match, as does Nick Meaney.

A decision is yet to be made on Lillyman's replacement.

Coach Nathan Brown will finalise his 17-man team an hour before kick-off.

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2018/06/16/injury-rules-knights-forward-out-of-storm-clash/

Surely we can't go with a bench of Heighington, Yates & Stone. Have to get permission to call someone up.

Damn we are light on props. maybe Barnett to prop stone to back row and King to bench. Thats the best i can think of.

Probably have to do that. Another option could be Sione to back row & Naden to centre. Pat Mat & Saulo should be eligible to be picked for first-grade, Amey is second tier as far as I know. No more options outside of that lot.

The next best forward we have is Brodie Jones, and I don't think we are allowed to use him.
Barnett, Fitz and Guerra are all guys who have played prop, so bringing Stone in as a second row and moving one of those guys to the prop rotation isn't ideal, but may be our only real option.

Stone played prop last week in Reggie’s right?
I know he’s not big but might be better to leave the defence as is and bite the bullet and use him as a prop

Stone played prop last week in Reggie’s right?
I know he’s not big but might be better to leave the defence as is and bite the bullet and use him as a prop
I didn't see the game, but Stone played 80 minutes in the second row according to the team list.
I've never seen him play prop.

Seems the best alternative is Stone to bench, start Esee and King in front row with Heighinton and Barnett relief while rotating Guerra, Fitz, Yates and Stone in back 3 with some help from Griff when Levi is on. Esee and King must play 90-100 minutes between them, H & B 60-70 in front row.

Broncos just won, I think with our terrible For and Against and most likely a thumping tomorrow that's our season done and dusted guys :(

Onto to 2019... Sign some big names in the next six months please we need it.

Have confidence brother Nick! We were very competitive against the old fellah's team last week and wioll be again today!

Meaney, Naden and Lamb all playing ISP

Lillyman ruled out yesterday, Stone not named in ISP

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Ken Sio
3. Sione Mata'utia
4. Cory Denniss
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. Connor Watson
7. Jack Cogger
8. Herman Ese'ese
9. Slade Griffin
10. Josh King