Round 1: Newcastle Knights vs Cronulla Sharks

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 1-12

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Knights 13+

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sharks 13+

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Sharks 1-12

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hes just trying to position himself for a media career post footy by commenting as much as possible.

He has the footy show he does on 9, im sure he will end up on fox at the end.

NRL.com's predicted Round 1 Lineup

round1-knights_20181200.jpg

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/22/newcastle-knights-2019-round-1-predicted-team/

Agree 100%. Although Hunt and Sione’s jerseys are up for grabs if there is a bolter. Plus Barnett can’t be overlooked for the bench spot. Adds more mongrel. Him, Gavet and DSaf is a pretty sizable and aggressive bench. When have we had that?!?!?

It's nice to have some quality depth in reserve grade too instead of a team full of reserve grade quality players in the NRL

Gallen is a complete dill and is becoming less relevant every time he opens his big mouth! He has no future in the media and hopefully when we hand his arse to him on a plate in round 1 it is the first of many NRL floggings for 2019! I really don't like Hoppa but hopefully he punches the tripe out of Gallen when they fight! In case you are wondering, I don't really like Gallen!

No way Hunt gets a start over Moga or Ross.
Agree but it's not likely that Moga will be fit and ready to keep out Hunt so most likely Ross is the man unless we go with Sione until Moga is fit unless we have a left field selection but I don't see Hunt as the answer

Moga will have been out for 11 months. Wasn’t there talk about how he’d been recovering well. Surely he’ll be fit to play at least one of the trials?

I read today that Gavet is going so well that if the team was picked now Gavet would be starting with Klemmer and Glasby would be starting lock . Also that Guerra and Fitzy would be starting 2nd rowers with Sione , Barnett and Buhrer fighting for a bench spot with Ese,ese , Daniel and Mann Wish I could remember what site I read it on .
I reckon Hunt could get a spot over Ross Hunt plated 18 games for Souths last season where as Ross was a no show mostly imo that puts Hunt infront of Ross , but same as the forwards whoever trains the best gets the starting spots.

I read today that Gavet is going so well that if the team was picked now Gavet would be starting with Klemmer and Glasby would be starting lock . Also that Guerra and Fitzy would be starting 2nd rowers with Sione , Barnett and Buhrer fighting for a bench spot with Ese,ese , Daniel and Mann Wish I could remember what site I read it on .
I reckon Hunt could get a spot over Ross Hunt plated 18 games for Souths last season where as Ross was a no show mostly imo that puts Hunt infront of Ross , but same as the forwards whoever trains the best gets the starting spots.
Toohey wrote it in herald

John Morris has been appointed interim coach at Cronulla.
If they make him fulltime coach, I think he will be the first Knights junior to be an appointed firstgrade coach.
He has an extraordinary list of qualifications for the job. He has a Phd level University qualification, he played 300 firstgrade games for 4 clubs and played all the spine positions except fullback (he might have even had a crack at that - it wouldn't be surprising). As a coach, he has been NYC coach of the year and has been involved in minor premierships and premierships in all 3 grades as either coach or assistant coach. He has done a lot of things since he and Kurt Gidley were our halves in reserve grade in the 2001 reserve grade finals and nearly got us into a grandfinal. He always said he wasn't one of the most gifted players - he just worked harder than everyone else.

He started his teaching and physical education degree at Newcastle Uni in 2000, when he was still an under 20s player for us, and has been studying fitness, coaching, health etc related subjects ever since. In his last playing year, 2014, he also had a coaching role with the lower grades, and has been coaching ever since.

Last edited:
Back