Official: The Wests Group buy the Newcastle Knights

I said it all along Wests wont buy the Knights my mate that works for them said they would never buy the knights because wests are all about profit and they run they're club that way ...He told me everything they do is about profits he said they may take the knights if they were given to wests for no sale price but that's the only way wests would take the club .....He told me a few times mate wests wont buy the knights ...no money in it .

Wests won't pay more than $5M for outright ownership and could well end up being the NRL's only option! If it is a consortium who ends up owning the club, Wests will also be involved!

According to Barry Toohey on Twitter, interviews for new ownership is currently underway...

Also found this video on youtube posted last month made by Leigh Maughan about getting behind the new impending owners.

[video=youtube;6oCSOZD2pfw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oCSOZD2pfw[/video]

Totally got me there at the end. Cranked the volume as I could hardly hear him talking, then the song at the end scared the crap out of me.

I wouldn't expect to hear any different from a club great.

Wests won't pay more than $5M for outright ownership and could well end up being the NRL's only option! If it is a consortium who ends up owning the club, Wests will also be involved!
I have no doubt Wests would own the Knights if they did,nt have to pay more than $1 or so for the club ...To be honest I would be happy with that as Wests do know how to run a Club and a footy team ....

I like that, better then having one sole owner that runs the Knights like an NRL fantasy team.

“We’ve still got the final issues to go through. That is, the price for the Knights, the [length of] commitment.

“But I’m just reinforcing that we will not be settling for anything unless it is the best thing for the fans.’’

What the hell does length of commitment mean? Buying is buying, are we to be rented out like a sponsor deal and at the end return to NRL ownership or something?

Whats the bet a consortium of Marwan Koukash and Newcastle Wests club buy us. Koukash the money, wests the running of the club!

lol anyone would think Chairman Moa is goining to make the decisions, not told by HQwhat to do and how to toe the line!

Wests have already ruled out buying us.

No they haven't. And during the sale process, anything a prospective buyer says that may appear to lessen their interest in actually buying the club should be taken with more than a few grains of salt.

If Wests have no interest why did their board member resign from the Knights?

No they haven't. And during the sale process, anything a prospective buyer says that may appear to lessen their interest in actually buying the club should be taken with more than a few grains of salt.

If Wests have no interest why did their board member resign from the Knights?

Embarrassment ??:D

Personally cant imagine Billionaire Koukush would put the money up and then let someone else run the club as far as ive seen thats not how rich guys do things ...I would'nt either if i bought the knights no way would i let someone else run and possibly ruin my investment ....

Wonder if they will disclose how much AFL Clubs are losing? Rick mans sport supporting footie clubs. Ask tinkerbelle.

Back