Official: Knights sign Tautau Moga and Herman Ese'ese

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by TheBatman, Mar 10, 2017.

1. TheBatman

TheBatman Craig Gower

If it was me I'd be throwing massive money at Joe Ofahengaue. He's only 21, has played for the junior Kangaroos, been apart of a premiership winning team, has great size at 190cm and 112kg and most importantly has a great motor to play big minutes. Not sure why but seems to be in Wayne's doghouse at the moment and can't get a run behind Pangai jr., Ese'ese and Jai Arrow all seemingly preferred as young players to go along with "established" veterans Thaiday, McGuire, Blair and Sims.

He's off contract at the end of this year and I could easily see us offering him in the range of 700k over 4 years. Much better buy than Matt Scott.
    8. D Saifiti
    9.Levi
    10. Ofahengaue
    11. Mata'utia
    12.Buhrer
    13. Barnett
    14. J Saifiti

That's a great looking forward pack for the next 5 years.

2. cowboyman

cowboyman Adam Woolnough

Hospitality
    Not to sure when Ofahengaue won a premiership? Highly over rated by you though in my opinion. Produced nothing in first grade. The Broncos bench was very good tonight against some of the premier forwards in the comp.

3. Jaybro

Jaybro Sam Stewart

So our Big Name hunting spree so far has missed out on Vaughan, Scott, Finucane, Prior and now Bird. The one guy we got was Ponga what does this say? Quality established players don't won't to come here it's pretty simple, we're better off concentrating on not losing local talent like Cordner, Jackson etc and offering young guys with promise a shot at first grade and more money than what they're currently on e.g Ponga. Let's face it the reason Ponga is coming is because Cowboys extended Coote's deal and we offered stupid money for him. It's not because Browny brought him around for a BBQ. If we start going good then players will be more interested in moving here but for now we're about as attractive as a holiday in Syria.

Don't worry about the list of off contracted big name players let's look at the young guys who are tomorrow's stars

Pangai
    Asofa-Solomona
    Kikau
    Ese'ese
    Sua
    Felise Kaufusi

*these guys are off contract according to zerotackle

Adam76 likes this.
  4. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Ben Kennedy

Id jump at Ese'ese but being a bronco id say even 500k would be short of the mark being the broncos could offer him "250k" and the chance to grow as a player in a great club system lol

5. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Not off contract.

6. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

Herman Ese'ese just read that we are trying to sign him is he any good as I don't know anything about him

Jaybro likes this.
  7. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Ben Kennedy

Very good, pushed korbin out of the starting prop position at the broncos.

Young powerful guy to... be a great pick up.

Ethan and Jaybro like this.
  8. Defender1

Defender1 Mark Hughes

Good young prop and he would definitely strengthen our front row depth, but not the forward leader we're chasing (and need).

9. Defender1

Defender1 Mark Hughes

Where'd you read this mate?

10. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

11. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Ese'ese better than Starling.

Buhrer was our best forward before he got injured. He, Dan and Guerra (if he comes) would be my three guarantees. Probably stone the other edge forward, and a new front rower to partner Dan (not Ese'ese).

Matty23 likes this.
  12. Jaybro

Jaybro Sam Stewart

13. Anthony01

Anthony01 Brett Grogan

An experience prop like Graham or Tolman plus Ese'ese and Terepo would be great. I think we will go after Terepo again I remember reading Toohey sayin at the start of the season we approached eels for a release but they denied it. Off contract now and they have 50 props.

Jaybro likes this.
  14. Jaybro

Jaybro Sam Stewart

Just noticed Herman Ese'ese didn't play for Broncos last night! Was he injured ? Or is he been given the usual Bennett treatment for possibly leaving ???

On a side note Korbin Sims played 36 mins 11 runs 87 metres 17 tackles 3 missed. We're not missing him at all .....

15. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adrian Brunker

Korbin wasn't bad last night for the minutes he played.

16. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

I just read a thing on f/book just before it stopped working that we have signed EseEse anyone else heard anything ...

17. Defender1

Defender1 Mark Hughes

Was interesting he was looking around Newcastle then Wayne dropped him the next week.

Ethan likes this.
  18. Anthony01

Anthony01 Brett Grogan

IF we do sign Ese,ese do we know if it's for this season or next? Ese,ese, SKD and Buhrer returning from injury suddenly makes our team look a fair bit stronger for the run home.

We can pray but if only Kosty gets the al clear as well.

beau and Defender1 like this.
  19. Jaybro

Jaybro Sam Stewart

I'd be very surprised if we got Ees Ese this year .....

20. Jaybro

Jaybro Sam Stewart

Linked to Moga now as well .....

Might have to crack open the 2018 lineup thread again