Nathan Brown vs Wayne Bennett

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by nunnsy, Apr 7, 2018.

1. nunnsy

nunnsy Darren Meredith

Any one watch the live press confrence, they just asked Browny about Waynes comments in the media this week. Browny responed with " well if Wayne thought with his big head rather than his little head during his time in Newcastle there wouldnt be the need for a rebuild " ha ha get that into you Bennett

Matty23, Nickwpearce, mozza and 4 others like this.
  2. Ccmknightspur

Ccmknightspur David Boyd

Outstanding from browny. Last 30 seconds of press conference is must watch

3. Aidos

Aidos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

lol, that's brilliant.

Tasgirl likes this.
  4. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Low form of Bennett to take shots at Brownie when he didn’t say or do anything. Brownie firing back is justified but I guess it stems from Bennett getting into angry old man yells at cloud mode based off how the broncos have gone so far.
    Brownie could have been the bigger man and not budged but I love that he fired back, and backed himself.

Tasgirl and Lefty like this.
  5. Quinny

Quinny Josh Smith

Student
    Browny has some great one liners for people who have a dig at the club. Bennett will hate that comment too nothing gets under his skin more than when people question his legacy or his standing in the game.

Tasgirl and Lefty like this.
  6. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

The atmosphere tonight was unreal. Great to see Bennett and that donkey of a side go away with their tails between the legs.

Ross was awesome. The whole team did some really good stuff and see what happens when we don't do silly things often. WE SCORE! Dunno what skd was doing that dropped ball but made up for it with some great runs. Overall happy but still a work in progress.

Tasgirl likes this.
  7. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

8. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I don't mind having a crack at Wayne, but bringing his personal life into it is a slippery slope.

Kurriboy likes this.
  9. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

Yeah, I didn't think Wayne meant a whole lot from his comments he made in that radio interview. He was responding to questions and is hardly going to say he left the Knights in a sh!t position, so when asked about how Brown is going with the rebuild to save face he said Brown unbuilt it first so had to rebuild it.

I thought there really wasn't anything in it, but as funny as it is, his comment is hitting below the belt and shouldn't have been said.Poor by Brown.

10. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Bennett looking a bit silly with those comments is probably better then the journo talk about the Broncos real roster problems in their playing style, probably more issues then he’d care to admit and talk about.

11. Lefty

Lefty Keith Beauchamp

That is great response by Brown. I could not believe he actually said it at first. I’m glad he said it.

Bennett is an angry old man and seems to have lost his mojo.

Tasgirl likes this.
  12. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Bennett’s never taken accountability (the bad stuff) for anything so I’m personally ok with brownie calling it like it is.

13. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

Good on brownie I say. About time someone stood up to Wayne.

14. Aidos

Aidos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hmmmm, thought Bennett was definitely having a dig.

He certainly wasn't giving any praise to Brown in that interview anyway. Commenting that he lost a lot of players was a sly way to have a go at Brown too.

15. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

Nothing wrong with it, if you cheat like a ****ing scumbag then expect to be calle dout on it. Great coach, ****** of a human being!

Brown 100% every right to return serve!

16. Quinny

Quinny Josh Smith

Student
    This is not Bennett’s first dig at brown his had a number of shots at Brown during his tenure in post game press conferences after Knights/Broncos games, on a few occasions questioning browns coaching ability. It was a personal remark but the personal life stuff Brown was talking about is pretty widely known in the rugby league commmunity, it’s been a running gag in the professors show in fox for like 2 years now. Previously Bennett has used his private life to grow his reputation so when that private life breaks down it is bound to become public at some point and hurt his reputation.

17. Ak-47

Ak-47 Tony Kemp

Man I think Brown should have left his comments after 'I aint publicly bagged anyone' but you can see the frustration and hurt from Browny let more go lol. The media is going to have fun with this, the last thing I dont want seeing, now we'll have some media circus going on.

18. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

I can imagine the courier mail editor has already had a stroke and they have set the propaganda machine in motion.

As much as I think Brown should have just said "If he left the place in a good position I wouldn't have been brought here to rebuild it would I", his comment will surely introduce some spice in to the encounters with the Broncs.

Tasgirl likes this.
  19. Ak-47

Ak-47 Tony Kemp

Should be good, title being 'the rematch' coach vs coach.

20. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

To be fair, Bennett could have done the same thing, been vague like he usually does and mumble something without taking a shot at Brown but he dug himself in a hole for that shot. Do get the media were probably trying to get a story too

Tasgirl likes this.