Michael Jennings

You could debate, that but the proofs in the pudding for mine, and too me I haven't seen it rise in the oven yet.

I guess he still has his best to come, and with a bit of icing sugar dusted on top, could be a contender for the best at the bake sale.

Or as they say in my country you can put a tuxedo on a goat, but its still a goat.

Calling him the greatest of all time now? Wouldn't say he is better than JT just yet :p

Tell brownie.

When Wardle is getting a run over Ross in the centres safe to say he's not rated there

True that.

Ross has proven that he's an out-and-out finisher on the wing and unless someone outshines him there he should honestly stay there.
He's going to score bucketloads of tries out there.

The problem is that everyone in the back line wants to be a half or fullback and earn marquee money, and who could blame them.

Give him time, he might prove to be a capable fullback or centre, but I can't imagine that's anytime soon.

Ross played centre against Parramatta in 2016 with Denniss outside of him and he was probably our best on field that night, and almost scored the match winner. Barely been given a steady crack at the spot to know how good he can be there.

Ross played centre against Parramatta in 2016 with Denniss outside of him and he was probably our best on field that night, and almost scored the match winner. Barely been given a steady crack at the spot to know how good he can be there.

My thoughts exactly

Watson’s as much a five-eighth as Ross is a centre...

As for the Morgan debate, he was arguably the best player in the competition the back half of last season. I thought he was a five-eighth only best playing second fiddle, but he jumped to a whole other level playing halfback and having to control the team. He was dominant. The reason Cowboys went as far as they did was because every game they had the two best players on the field; Morgan and Taumalolo.

Love the RossDog but cannot for the life of me understand this push for him to play centre.

Rossy is a winger and probs an NRL quality winger. No way he's a first choice centre here or anywhere.

Love the RossDog but cannot for the life of me understand this push for him to play centre.

Rossy is a winger and probs an NRL quality winger. No way he's a first choice centre here or anywhere.

I cant for the life of me understand this perpetual underestimation of Ross as a player. He isn't 'probably NRL quality' he is a walk up start on the wing at most clubs. He played rep footy last year and was one of the best on the park. And for the last 3 years he has been consistently one of our best ball carriers, highest metre eaters, highest tackle breaks, tries, line breaks...

He is a quality of athlete that in fact some teams dont have

I get that he started late, but it just isn't relevant

I cant for the life of me understand this perpetual underestimation of Ross as a player. He isn't 'probably NRL quality' he is a walk up start on the wing at most clubs. He played rep footy last year and was one of the best on the park. And for the last 3 years he has been consistently one of our best ball carriers, highest metre eaters, highest tackle breaks, tries, line breaks...

This.

Ross is being very underestimated. He’s a quality player and attacking weapon. The few times he’s played centre, he’s impressed. Not sure why people would completely write him off there.

He is a late bloomer and playing damn well with the ability he has. Had he been at most other clubs in the last 3 years I dare say he probably wouldn't of got an initial crack or extended run at FG.

Good on him for making a fist of it and taking his opportunity.

Leading stats or being up there in stats for a team that's won 3 wooden spoons in a row isn't exactly selling him that well as to why he could or should be given a go at centre.

Why change something that has worked for him and this club after the last 3 years. Leave him on the wing and let him do what he has shown he can do.

I can't think of many if any clubs that would be willing to give him a centres roll in the starting 13 right now. That's just a fact.

This.

Ross is being very underestimated. He’s a quality player and attacking weapon. The few times he’s played centre, he’s impressed. Not sure why people would completely write him off there.

His best position is probably wing for sure, but I don't understand statements that he is just not able to play centre. He's started 2 or so games there, 1 of which he was outstanding & a match for City where he was decent but apparently he can't play centre. Obviously Brown doesn't want him there for reasons, maybe his defence or too small, Browny has shown before he likes to get bigger bodies in the team when possible, Chanel was initially preferred to Rossy for winger. Moot point though, Ross will play wing & Brown is on the look for a new centre.

True that.

Ross has proven that he's an out-and-out finisher on the wing and unless someone outshines him there he should honestly stay there.
He's going to score bucketloads of tries out there.

The problem is that everyone in the back line wants to be a half or fullback and earn marquee money, and who could blame them.

Give him time, he might prove to be a capable fullback or centre, but I can't imagine that's anytime soon.

I always wonder why you weaken one position for another especially when said party is great at it, leave SKD and the Dawg where they are both kill it.

He is a late bloomer and playing damn well with the ability he has. Had he been at most other clubs in the last 3 years I dare say he probably wouldn't of got an initial crack or extended run at FG.

Good on him for making a fist of it and taking his opportunity.

Leading stats or being up there in stats for a team that's won 3 wooden spoons in a row isn't exactly selling him that well as to why he could or should be given a go at centre.

Why change something that has worked for him and this club after the last 3 years. Leave him on the wing and let him do what he has shown he can do.

I can't think of many if any clubs that would be willing to give him a centres roll in the starting 13 right now. That's just a fact.

I'm happy for him to stay on the wing. He has a huge impact there

That aside, I can't help but read from the above that you're of the opinion that Ross wouldn't make the starting side at many, if any other clubs?

Not sure if you've seen him play yet haha. He's normally our best back each week, pulling us out from our own end with big (smart) runs. And will on an almost regular basis do something magical with the ball in hand. I'd say thats why he played reps last year.

But you could be right, maybe he played reps last year because he isn't good enough to qualify for an NRL start at a club other than the wooden spooners.. makes sense

Wether people think Ross goes ok at centre or not... I don't think we should move our best finishing winger from there .....and what about Dennis he may be an option for the other wing he is a big guy that was thrown in there to early but I read the other day he has come along well so he could be an option for the other wing if we don't buy another centre .....

I always wonder why you weaken one position for another especially when said party is great at it, leave SKD and the Dawg where they are both kill it.

At the moment we have no clear cut centre opposite Moga. IMO if you play Ross there, that position becomes a strength. Then you play Sio on the wing opposite SKD who IMO is more than solid and you can win games with. Guy is error free and just does his job.

Looks like Brown has some tough decisions to make. No doubt there'll be a lot of positional experimentation in the pre-season, especially for #1 to #6.
(And no, I'm not for a second suggesting Ponga doesn't run out as fullback or Moga at centre).

Who knows what'll happen to the lineup between now and Round 1, either way I can't wait!

Back