Marty Taupau

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is Lolo's footwork, sure his no ponga but for a big guy his lateral movement and steps are unheard of, noticed recently his even passing a bit more as well. Guys the best forward since Lazarus.

Our guys could learn from him to find the holes and run at the gaps like he does, makes the world of difference both to metres and post contact metres.

Interesting piece on Sportingnews

Morale at Manly has hit a new low, with coach Trent Barrett losing the respect of the playing group.

Barrett and star prop Marty Taupau are barely on speaking terms, while relations with other players are strained and the Jackson Hastings issue continues to fester.

Taupau is filthy that while a host of Manly players have been told they are free to leave, he has been barred from switching clubs despite having offers from several leading clubs.

“Trent tries to be everyone’s buddy but won’t address the hard issues and has lost the dressing room,” one Sea Eagles star told me this week.

“We just feel we can’t trust him.”

Kind of explains Manly's issues, that and DCE being a terrible team mate, all adds up. I'm guessing the Sea Eagles star in reference there is DCE? haha

I imagine surely Trent budges?

Interesting piece on Sportingnews

Morale at Manly has hit a new low, with coach Trent Barrett losing the respect of the playing group.

Barrett and star prop Marty Taupau are barely on speaking terms, while relations with other players are strained and the Jackson Hastings issue continues to fester.

Taupau is filthy that while a host of Manly players have been told they are free to leave, he has been barred from switching clubs despite having offers from several leading clubs.

“Trent tries to be everyone’s buddy but won’t address the hard issues and has lost the dressing room,” one Sea Eagles star told me this week.

“We just feel we can’t trust him.”

Kind of explains Manly's issues, that and DCE being a terrible team mate, all adds up. I'm guessing the Sea Eagles star in reference there is DCE? haha

I imagine surely Trent budges?

Well with Barrett speaking on behalf of the playing group and saying they'd turned on one of their own(Hastings) and taking siding with DCE in this situation over everyone else........ Yeah wasn't going to cause issue.

Whoever signed DCE's deal has made Hages look like a genious in comparision.

The latter, his body is broken.
And before everyone cries conspiracy we got to pension off Snowden despite his back being ruined before he went to the Sharks...

And before everyone cries conspiracy we got to pension off Snowden despite his back being ruined before he went to the Sharks...

Snowy had multiple back and neck issues.
Big difference to a sore toe and recruiting of a broken man off field.

Just off topic but on injuries.

How the fark did the broncos not get sanctions and fined for playing Gillett for 5 wks eith a broken neck?
Surely that goes 100% against thix whole protecting the player protocol??

Funny that he was never injured during the sharks and peptide mania times, same as like Douglas, who played over 100 consecutive first grade games as a prop, the second he left he fell of a cliff.

Well with Barrett speaking on behalf of the playing group and saying they'd turned on one of their own(Hastings) and taking siding with DCE in this situation over everyone else........ Yeah wasn't going to cause issue.

Whoever signed DCE's deal has made Hages look like a genious in comparision.

That will always stand out as ridiculous to me, Barrett coming out & publicly exiling Hastings, what a thing to do to a player & he felt the need to announce it to the whole world. That's something you do in private out of respect for the player & to not cause issues in the playing group & a massive controversy.

Manly lack leadership, they're not getting it from DCE and Barrett is a coach and shouldnt be fronting the media in regards to external influences outside of week to week football. No wonder sh!t has hit the fan when the Stewart bros and Watmough left, players respected and wanted to play for them

From the Knights website

Manly prop Marty Taupau is another player linked with a potential move.

While Brown acknowledges he's in the market for more size, the Knights have not approached the New Zealand international.

"No," Brown said.

"I haven't head Manly are keen to move Mary Taupau.

"He's the prototype forward who seems to be having a lot of success.

"He's the type of player that would help any organisation. I'm not convinced myself personally that Manly would let him go."

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au...cruitment-rumours-norman-ferguson-and-taupau/

He speaks like a bloke that is content with having the security of his deal until 2020 but at the same time pissed at Manly because they're going to stink and he has to be apart of that and they could shop him around to fix up their own stupid mess.

Marty's tenure at Manly looks shaky, he's keen to walk...at least occurring to the Lurker

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...thers-game/1qp4tdi291y4o1k3g88bffpr0y/slide/1

Kapow’s attitude lacking

So why did Manly bench their best and most feared forward, Marty Taupau, for Saturday’s cliff hanger against Penrith?

I can reveal that Taupau was dropped as a disciplinary measure, with Sea Eagles officials unhappy with his attitude.

Before the previous week’s clash with the Roosters, Taupau had a blazing row with a Sea Eagles staff member.

Players were shocked at the verbal battering Taupau delivered - and little wonder the team performed so poorly in the game against the Roosters in the aftermath.

“There were no punches or anything like that, but it was full on,” one player told me.

“The club is just an unhappy place at the moment and Marty, in particular, doesn’t want to be there - he wants out.”

Back