marathonstadium.com tpa fund

88Knight4life

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
How many members do we have on here?
@rhugh89
@Jekk
@jamesgould

Would it be possible to start a go fund me type thing for the club to entice a certain player with a tpa provided by us the fans?

Say we paid $25 each a yr and 4000 members tipped in thats 100k in tpa a yr for the club to use on a marquee signing.

We obviously wouldnt have a say in said player choosen but at least we have all shown how much the club means to us?

Pipedream i know but its worth a talking point imo.

There's probably only like 200 active accounts anyway, many of them would be dead accounts from years ago.

maybe that our knights lot can cough up for some TPA's instead of onwership.

Haha those guys wont invest a dollar in anything.... they are good at using other peoples money and blowing it all. Keep them the farrrk away from the club i say.

haha agreed! ... tell you what though, even if you got 100 people to chip in 1k each a year for a 100k tpa and in exchange you get free beer at the venue all year!!. i'd be in that.

haha agreed! ... tell you what though, even if you got 100 people to chip in 1k each a year for a 100k tpa and in exchange you get free beer at the venue all year!!. i'd be in that.

Ohhhhhh watch me rock up on a friday arvo lights on or not for those free beers

I was thinking something the other night that would be good for the club. It's not a TPA but I think it would add abit of ownership and recognition from the fans to the team.
All Knights season membership holders would get to vote each week who they believed to be best and fairest on the ground for that game. Each member gets to vote and the highest percentage vote margin gets the cash.
Say there is 10000 Knights members. If each member payed an extra $2.40 to their membership that would be enough to cover the $1000 each round.
Thoughts?

From memory the TPAs can only come from registered companies which we are not

Even if we were I personally wouldn't ask members to pay up, It's the clubs job to source TPAs not the fans and members

I was thinking something the other night that would be good for the club. It's not a TPA but I think it would add abit of ownership and recognition from the fans to the team.
All Knights season membership holders would get to vote each week who they believed to be best and fairest on the ground for that game. Each member gets to vote and the highest percentage vote margin gets the cash.
Say there is 10000 Knights members. If each member payed an extra $2.40 to their membership that would be enough to cover the $1000 each round.
Thoughts?

Great idea!
Maybe email the club admin on this..... they mite like the idea a lot also?
They can put a vote to the members if it gets traction

From memory the TPAs can only come from registered companies which we are not

Even if we were I personally wouldn't ask members to pay up, It's the clubs job to source TPAs not the fans and members
I could be wrong but I don't think clubs are meant to source TPA's. The business has to approach the player I think under NRL rules.

But we all know clubs do it anyway to get ahead.

I could be wrong but I don't think clubs are meant to source TPA's. The business has to approach the player.

But we all know it's a rort and clubs do it anyway to get ahead.
Yeah I'm not sure on it mate, Maybe it is the companies that approach the club ??

I'm not sure if a club can make the initial contact and then the TPA is negotiated by the player and company ??

I think the best club as far as having 3rd parties are the Broncos....Millions of dollars extra

Yeah I'm not sure on it mate, Maybe it is the companies that approach the club ??

I'm not sure if a club can make the initial contact and then the TPA is negotiated by the player and company ??

I think the best club as far as having 3rd parties are the Broncos....Millions of dollars extra
It's a bit confusing. I just remember reading clubs can't ask a company to help a player out but perhaps there's still loopholes they use to attract TPA's. I'm not sure either lol.

I could be wrong but I don't think clubs are meant to source TPA's. The business has to approach the player I think under NRL rules.

But we all know clubs do it anyway to get ahead.

As per the nrl guidelines said club can introduce a player/manager to a business interested in them for a sponsorship deal... thats as much as they are able to do.

It's a bit confusing. I just remember reading that the club can't actually ask a company to help a player out but perhaps there's loopholes they use to attract TPA's. I'm not sure either lol.
Yeah like a CEO is having lunch with a business owner and TPAs just happen to come up

Back