Korbin Sims Soccer Mom?

Lols slots... its funny hey.

111m 23tks 1tk break offload held up over the line would of got him 2 and 3 points last yr from most on here.
Mataora is that good he isnt in our rd1 side.

He went ok. He had two good runs. Being held up over the line means nothing.

In between those two runs he did virtually nothing with ineffectual runs and tackling. No big hits or decent contact. I don't recall him being first in to tackle virtually at all, and he certainly wasn't going looking for the ball. If it came his way he would suddenly get ready to catch it but otherwise he didn't go looking for it.

For a lot of the game I was wondering if he was even on the field or not. Given he was on their half the match, I would have expected to see more of him involved.

But that is Korbin to a T.

Outside of his 1 awesome run, he really wasn't that good. Broncos fans I'm sure would be hyping it though, probably saying he had an awesome game. He wasn't woeful either like some bitter 1 eyed people on here are trying to make out.

I actually thought Rockow would of got more of a bashing then Korbs tbh.

Rockow got a truckload more coin and played a lot less games then korbs did.

And he did chit on Friday night

Rochow didnt leave the club in the same circumstances during a preseason. Sims left juts before the start of a new season for a lot less money and gave the appearance of a rat deserting a sinking ship. To me he showed the type of character he is and that also the reason why he wont reach his potential. Bennetts comment that he's spent 4 years of "social loafing" is nothing short of a veiled swipe at Newcastle and shows what a smug prick he is.

Well he is taking a swipe at himself because Sims was here when Bennett was. And couldn't get his best from him then.

Bennetts comment that he's spent 4 years of "social loafing" is nothing short of a veiled swipe at Newcastle and shows what a smug prick he is.

Yeah that was a weird little smug quote from Bennett. I personally don't care that Rochow left earlier, still a rat deserting the ship. It would please me to see Souths continue to fall behind the pack while our young guys only get better.

Rochow is a local junior, I think he is soft for leaving us because of our poor results.

Like Joshhh, I hope Souths have a poor season and Rochow regrets his move.

Rochow is a local junior, I think he is soft for leaving us because of our poor results.

Like Joshhh, I hope Souths have a poor season and Rochow regrets his move.
Even worse, Rochow played with us till under 18s and left us to join Melbourne where he had a great under 20s career, captaining the side and winning a premiership, and also making 18th man for firstgrade a few times, but when Melbourne cut him because of a chronic back injury, the Knights were the only club that threw him a lifeline - so we gave him a chance twice, and he walked out on us twice.

Jesus mataora gets a lot of love for someone who is fringe at best. Sure he slimmed down in 2016 but 85m a game from your starting prop is ordinary.

Meanwhile Korbin makes 111m in his first outing and he's crap, apparently.

A total redherring.

The reason we are hating on Sims... is because he now plays for the Broncos.

We the reason some people on here appreciate Mataora's work is because he is widely considered as a fringe FG'r, yet we know he will be the first defender into most of his tackles, and the hit ups he takes are often genuine 10m runs, and at important moments.

I dont give a **** if he makes under 100m. The question is, how did he get there? How many minutes did he play? What was the genuine average length of his hit ups?

And honestly, Mataora played very short minutes last year. But nonetheless, his role in the team was always to act as a key forward. Korbin is literally the opposite. He hates getting his hands dirty. He's rubbish, and he played like chit on Friday night

I dislike Sims as much as the next Knights fan but to say he played poorly on Friday is a flat out lie he was one of Brisbane's best forwards and had some classy touches. It was about 5 times better than any of his efforts for us in 2016.

I dislike Sims as much as the next Knights fan but to say he played poorly on Friday is a flat out lie he was one of Brisbane's best forwards and had some classy touches. It was about 5 times better than any of his efforts for us in 2016.

Haha what game were you watching?? Do you understand what makes a for a valuable contribution for a forward?

Re-watch the game if you have to. He is second and third into every tackle. Aside from one big run, he was totally impotent. His runs were soft, and often towards the end of sets when the defence was loose. He didn't put his hand up at all

Personally I thought he played better for us on the weekly. Genuinely, that was my impression.

But it's obvious he has you fooled. He is really good at pretending. Allowing blokes like Blair, Thaiday and Mcguire did ALL of the heavy lifting and tough runs. While Sims did the bare minimum in every tackle and during every set. Then he'll make one good run and you think he had a good game

Like I said, he has you fooled

Haha what game were you watching?? Do you understand what makes a for a valuable contribution for a forward?

Re-watch the game if you have to. He is second and third into every tackle. Aside from one big run, he was totally impotent. His runs were soft, and often towards the end of sets when the defence was loose. He didn't put his hand up at all

Personally I thought he played better for us on the weekly. Genuinely, that was my impression.

But it's obvious he has you fooled. He is really good at pretending. Allowing blokes like Blair, Thaiday and Mcguire did ALL of the heavy lifting and tough runs. While Sims did the bare minimum in every tackle and during every set. Then he'll make one good run and you think he had a good game

We get it, you don't like Sims...

I watched closely for obvious reasons. He took a few early tackle hit ups and looked to get involved. His defence was solid and he did make first contact on at least a few occasions.
I watched closely and was fooled by nothing, for the first game of the season he did very well.

Sims did ok without being great.....

If he had a blinder what would be said then.... what a dog he never played like that here.

Last edited by a moderator:
He found his niche tonight. He's a professional decoy runner. Anything else, he gets hammered. For his sake, I hope they don't allow hitting on suspicion to come back, or he'll have to retire.
I personally liked the way he revved up the crowd for the extra time kick off then avoided a hit up in that first intense set, champaign Korbin there

His first 20 looked ok, but the guys an epic bludger.

The thing with him is he doesn't put his hand up at all to do the hard yards when it's required. He didn't get put back on until there was under 20 minutes left and I'm sure the plan there was to unleash him full of energy when the opp forwards were tired. He was supposed to be an impact interchange there. What he did was come on, stand in his position and clock off.

Same as coming out of their own line, he just does not come in and take any hit ups voluntarily. Sure if the ball happens to come his way he will catch it and run. But he never comes in looking for a hitup. He stands by and lets everyone else do the hard yards. Wingers or whoever else.

Glad he is gone. He hits the line like a balled up tissue paper also.

Sims is a plodder. Always has been. If he plays Origin I'll make mad passionate love to my size 11 Brook's Beast.

Back