Knights selected in Rep Teams

Good numbers from Mataora off the bench, He made the most metres of any Cook Islands forward

Minutes - 50
Runs - 12
Metres - 131
Tackles - 27
Missed Tackles - 0
Line Breaks - 1

Sam Mataora

Minutes - 50
Runs - 12
Metres - 131
Tackles - 27
Missed Tackles - 0
Line Breaks - 1
Tries - 0

Daniel Saifiti

Minutes - 48
Runs - 13
Metres - 134
Tackles - 18
Missed Tackles - 4
Line Breaks - 1
Tries - 1

Jacob Saifiti

Minutes - 48
Runs - 11
Metres - 100
Tackles - 24
Missed Tackles - 3
Line Breaks - 0
Tries - 0

Sam Mataora

Minutes - 50
Runs - 12
Metres - 131
Tackles - 27
Missed Tackles - 0
Line Breaks - 1
Tries - 0

Daniel Saifiti

Minutes - 48
Runs - 13
Metres - 134
Tackles - 18
Missed Tackles - 4
Line Breaks - 1
Tries - 1

Jacob Saifiti

Minutes - 48
Runs - 11
Metres - 100
Tackles - 24
Missed Tackles - 3
Line Breaks - 0
Tries - 0

Peter Mata'utia

Minutes - 80
Runs - 13
Metres - 123
Tackles - 5
Missed Tackles - 3
Line Breaks - 0
Tries - 0

Sione Mata'utia

Minutes - 76
Runs - 8
Metres - 71
Tackles - 33
Missed Tackles - 3
Line Breaks - 0
Tries - 0

The more I see of Sione in the back row, the more I am convinced it is not his position. He is the wrong body shape being smaller and squatter. Even Samoan wingers and backs were head and shoulders above him.

All the tackling he does on the edges will reduce his long term career. See this with concussion injuries. Does he have a kicking game at all as I would like to see him play 5/8? His natural ability may well enable him to be taught a reliable kicking game.

I'm surprized by the numbers for Sam Mataora. I watched the game and hardly noticed him, but it was hard to tell who was who, because a heap of those guys have a similar body shape and similar features. The guy who stood out was Uiti Baker, but that was probably because of the hair do.

I thought the hair do of Mataora also hid him away Billy with a neat trim haircut. There was a lass in the crowd with the identical top thatch to Uiti, so it may have been his lady friend?

Blocker saying last night on Sterlo that the NRL should have every team play one game per year in the country, which I think is the best option! Driving long distances for most country people is nothing, if the games are spread throughout regional NSW and QLD people will travel, and have the opportunity to see multiple games per season without coming to Sydney or Brisbane! Not to mention the boost to small town economies! I think it is time for the NRL to give a little bit back and this would be the perfect gesture!

This what ive been wanting for a few yrs now!
Quite happy for city v country to go.
I said the other day that the nrl should have 16 country games a yr and choose which team takes there home game to said area every yr!
Having the 2 teams in the region nominated by the nrl there for the week promoting the game and building the life of league in the country again is a great leap forward for RL.

Pauli didn't do much in his first stint for City. Cam on, ran the ball I think once, maybe twice, went off.

Pauli didn't do much in his first stint for City. Cam on, ran the ball I think once, maybe twice, went off.

That's stock standard Pauli for you though. Whether he is coming back from injury or at peak fitness he is a bludger on the field.

Rossy - 100+ m I think and some seriously good 1on1 tackles.went missing a bit in the final 20 but really great game. Particularly loved the 1on1 strip of Sims!

Back