Knights Injury and Suspension Updates

well that's a lot better than 3 weeks for a head injury - that would be a worry.

Not good though with yet another injury. Probably a fair time out again too. Lot of people rate him highly & he looked good from the very, very minor glimpses I've seen of him. Don't want him to keep getting dragged down & not being able to get any sort of momentum going.

With all this talk of 5/8, Lamb, Cogger, Watson what has happened to Johns been missing a couple of weeks and nothing said, similar to Jones.

With all this talk of 5/8, Lamb, Cogger, Watson what has happened to Johns been missing a couple of weeks and nothing said, similar to Jones.
I’ve heard he’s injured, but also heard he can’t crack Reggies, so it’s a mystery. I like what I saw of him in under 20’s last year. Still think he’s best suited to the halves as well because he moved around the forwards a bit too.

Newcastle Knights centre Tautau Moga to undergo two knee reconstructions after ACL injury

Rugby league’s unluckiest player Tautau Moga will make rugby league history in the most unwanted of ways tomorrow.

The Newcastle centre will undergo reconstructions of both his knees in what is believed to be a rugby league first.

"I’ve never heard of something like this - poor bloke," league historian David Middleton told Wide World of Sports.

The dual operations must cast some doubt over the 24-year-old’s career but the Knights are confident he will fully recover in time for next season.

It has been extensively reported that Moga tore the ACL in his right knee against the Dragons earlier this month and was out for the year.

But Wide World of Sports has learned that the Knights tested Moga’s left knee - which has been reconstructed three times in his injury-plagued career - and found it also needs major surgery.

Moga suffered the injury nearly three weeks ago but surgeons have been unable to operate until the swelling went down.

He goes under the knife tomorrow - and then begins the long road back to paying football again in 2019.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/04/19/10/05/the-mole-tautau-moga-nrl-unluckiest-player

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if the reco didnt work the first 3 times its not looking good for the 4th and the 1st on the other leg.
5 knee reco's is alot to go through before the age of 25.

Have my doubts he will be back, besides requiring a lot of hard work after the operation his confidence would be very low, will require a special person and effort to make it happen, I wish him well.

It sounds like the surgeon who did Phythians knee is going to do a proper job on Moga as well.

Gentlemen we can rebuild him. We have the technology......

But can we make him play any better?

If 12 months of video sessions and coaching how to react to different situations doesn't solve these weaknesses I'd be worried.

Either way, I hope he pulls through and makes it back on to the field, can't imaging how much resolve it'll take to get back on the field.

I remember Butt's having knee reconstructions on both knees and he was able to play for several years including 97. I also remember chatting with Butt's on the sideline right after the 97 grand final.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wonder if the Knights still use Bruce Caldwell to do knees. Saw Mullen in his offices one time.
He's an interesting character.

Apparently it's not a reconstruction on both knees - right knee is just a cleanup.

Back