Knights in negotiations with "Great Britain star"

Is he worth adding to our team? Of course. Is he worth the $1M asking price? I'm not so sure with how bad his form tailed off. Saying he's a defensive liability and penalty prone is an understatement. In attack he's great, that's where he earns his coin, but even that wasn't crash hot the back half of the year. I used to love Maloney. I'm now weary of him for that price tag.

Has just been named in the Australian squad with that poor form. Must still be up there in Mal's eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was poor after Origin but I don't think it's any coincidence it occurred the same time he asked for a contract upgrade. You can't deny that he has had success at every club he has gone to (and the Roosters and Warriors haven't been the same since he left)

would we be the only club left that could afford Cronk? He would be worth throwing 1.5mil at for one year.
that would be a great apprenticeship for Watson and Lamb.
sadly I dont see him coming here though.

if it os him he looks really good on paper.
195cm 115kg.
has won a grand final and a couple of other awards.
Sounds good. even better if it's a trade and we don't have to pay Hodkos wage next season.
I watched the extra time of the Super League semi final between St Helens and Castleford and Walmsley really caught my attention and my first thoughts were that I'd love it if we could have a player like him.

First of all, the local commentators said that Castleford should avoid kicking off to the side of Walmsley, noting that he'd make a strong first hit up then again on the 3rd tackle. Sure enough he does. This after 80 minutes shows his strength and mettle.

In 30 odd matches for St Helens this year he's scored 11 tries and won 9 man of the match awards, and being the leading metres gained player in the comp. Also made 80 tackle busts.

At 27 he's at a good age to play for another 5 years. My view is get him on a 3+yr deal and he's our james graham without the age and injury issues, just needs a season to fully adjust and we'll have a real forward powerhouse

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Id rather not get cronk to be honest. If we were going to add him for a few seasons in a premiership window fine but whilst we are developing our squad and rebuilding, i dont see much point in getting him for 1 year.

This english bloke sounds ok if hes a forward.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Walmsley is a prop which when added to Lilyman, Safiti x2, Ese Ese and the younger guys coming through probably looks good enough there which will be a welcome sight.

One rumour suggested a swap with a back, with some suggesting Hodgko, looks like Pete may be signing at St Helens.

Cronk for one season imparting so much knowledge into our young halves would be immense

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Id rather not get cronk to be honest. If we were going to add him for a few seasons in a premiership window fine but whilst we are developing our squad and rebuilding, i dont see much point in getting him for 1 year.

This english bloke sounds ok if hes a forward.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Cronk for 1 year would be the best thing that could happen to this club. It's basically my wet dream.

I don't think Cronk will happen for any club and if Maloney and Moylan swap where will he go, expect a retirement notification after World Cup.

Not worth anywhere near a million in my opinion, can't tackle gives away too many penalties I would be disappointed if we signed him up for a million a season

Was praying for Maloney earlier but a 30 year old that played like a spoilt brat. Refused to tackle and whinged for the last 6 months of the season? Pass. Panthers are fast becoming Warriors #mark2 he'll fit right in.

Back