Knights sign Kurt Mann on a 3 year deal

Too late Ryan has signed with the Tigers.

And Michael is too old, said that months ago. Would take the two younger brothers, however.

to be fair Knights wouldnt bother unless Eels pay at least half his wages, So its not a bad deal?

Knights seem to enjoy signing retirement players so they can spend a year hear showing the youngens how it's done.

All I see is us spending money because we have it and are not likely to sign any big name forward for 2019.

Where are the props lol.
I use to really like Jennings as a player, he was excellent in the last world cup but had an average year last year. I think he could be worth a gamble for 400k he has skill and speed and is a great defender but needs to some how get out of the rut he is in.

It seems weird that we are looking at Kurt Mann to play hooker, I've never seen him play there, has anyone else?
Segyaro seems like the better option.

$800,000 for Oates I read if that's true ...No thanks … Jennings for $400,000 id give him a shot I don't think he is as past it as everyone else seems to think .
700k+ is where it starts getting a bit too much for my liking, let alone 800k.

I’d happily take back Mann, just not at hooker. Would much rather chase Segeyaro and let Mann be our younger version of Buhrer. Jennings is kind of past it. And still would rather a prop with that money.

The Eels team has stunk since Hayne came back which is no surprise. The guy just makes the teams and players around him worse. As some have pointed out, we wouldn't be looking for insurance for guys like Moga with Jennings if we thought Sione was a future centre in the team. $400k in this cap is ok for two years, it doesn't break the bank, That said I did hear it could be front loaded with us paying $600k in the first year and then $200k in the second year (same amount) but considering how flexible we are in short term cap space it isn't as bad of an idea.

I would take him at the right price

Defensively he is pretty good, Does make the occasional bad read but he averages around 80-90% tackle efficiency from memory

His experience could be an asset as well

Won't be disappointed if we sign him but I won't be disappointed if we don't either

He used to be my favourite player at the Panthers. Being only 30 as well there is tonnes of upside for our team and the young backs. From what I remember his career hasn't been too clouded by injury which gives him a pass for me.

Back