Kenny Edwards in trouble again

Discussion in 'General Rugby League' started by rhugh89, May 13, 2018.

1. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Parramatta Eels to investigate incident, with Kenny Edwards set to front court

AAP
    10 minutes ago

PARRAMATTA’S Kenny Edwards is due to front court on Tuesday regarding a traffic incident which occurred earlier this month.

The Eels claim they were only made aware of the incident on Friday and have alerted the NRL’s integrity unit.

The club have begun an internal investigation into the matter.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/79fbd7dd74726f6f4a071b3bd2a038de

2. rhugh89

Just had a look at his rap-sheet, This guy doesn't learn

2009 - Contract terminated by Manly for disciplinary reasons
    2010 - Contract terminated by the Dragons for disciplinary reasons
    2012 - Banned when playing for the Southport Tigers in the Gold Coast League
    2015 - Banned for 9 months by the NRL for taking a urine sample on behalf of Kaysa Pritchard
    2017 - Missed the first 7 rounds after pleading guilty to a domestic violence charge
    2018 - Will appear in court again

3. danknights

danknights Sean Rudder

Traffic incident eh. Wonder what "kind"

4. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    So transparent

5. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He's hardly a criminal mastermind by that rapsheet.

6. rhugh89

Not a criminal mastermind but clearly has issues and is a repeat offender

7. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    I can’t stand the guy. He’s as dirty as they come both on and off the field.

8. rhugh89

Edwards stood down indefinitely by Eels

Dan Walsh
    Tue 15 May 2018, 06:05 PM

Parramatta have stood down Kenny Edwards indefinitely after he allegedly fled from police following a random roadside check last month – the latest in a string of off-field controversies for the Eels forward.

Edwards did not face Fairfield Local Court on Tuesday but attended a traffic offenders course, having been accused of abandoning a vehicle he was driving on a suspended licence.

The last-placed Eels have not named Edwards for this Friday's must-win clash with the Warriors, with the club's investigation into the traffic incident still ongoing.

Edwards only raised the matter with Parramatta last week, which was three weeks after allegedly running away from police after being approached by officers in Merrylands West.

The club then alerted the NRL Integrity Unit about the issue, though Edwards still played in last week's loss to Canterbury, the same day he told Eels officials about his upcoming court case.

The 28-year-old is no stranger to controversy across his 70 games with Parramatta since his Telstra Premiership debut in 2013.

Edwards served a nine-month ban for providing a urine sample on behalf of teammate Kaysa Pritchard in 2015, missing the entire season as a result.

Last year he was also suspended for seven games and fined $60,000 after pleading guilty to a charge of common assault for pouring alcohol over his ex-partner during a dispute in late 2016.

Edwards is contracted with the Eels until the end of next season and has been threatened with de-registration over his previous incidents.

The Eels released a statement on Tuesday afternoon: "After further developments today, the club has decided to stand down Kenny Edwards indefinitely until the internal investigation has been completed. The club will continue to provide welfare assistance to Kenny and his family through this time."

He will next appear in Fairfield Local Court on July 10.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/15/kenny-edwards-stood-down-indefinitely-by-parramatta-eels/

9. rhugh89

10. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

He was also suspended for seven games last year and fined $60,000 over a domestic-violence related assault after he admitted to spraying his ex-partner with water and pouring alcohol over her head in December 2016......
    I thought yeah domestic violence yeah don't want a woman basher but really...Don't know that i would call that violence the world has become very soft .
    Not saying he should have done it but Violence . I don't think so ....
    I had a girl pour an entire schooner over my head in the middle of the bar and i wouldn't call it violent Although the pinch on the arse i copped it for was more violent lol...She was my best mates sister and we were together for 2 years from that night on lol

11. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

That's not violence that's waste of a good beer