Jones, Dark and Starling are guns

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Lower Grades' started by bobsmith1, Feb 27, 2015.

1. bobsmith1

bobsmith1 Greg Smith

Who thinks this guys???

2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I had a real close look at what Starling does last week, and he is the everyready bunny who just keeps working and working.
    In attack he looks for a chance to run the ball nearly every play and either takes the ball to the line before passing or goes for a run himself, and in defence he is in there and wrestling nearly every tackle in the middle of the ground.
    He has an amazing amount of energy, and his skills are top shelf as well. He has a great short passing game as well as plenty of pace out of dummy half.
    The only thing I could see to worry about a bit is that he is tiny, but at 16 he has plenty of time to grow.
    Jones and Dark both seem to play long minutes and have plenty of impact. I don't know if they will be ready for NYC this year, but they have 3 more years to get there, and no doubt they will.

3. mad goanna

mad goanna Danny Wicks

Starling was great last weekend, first time I'd seen him live and play a full game. Dark played well too although shorter minutes. Jones on the edge is allowing him to find the balance between power and finesse, he will always have a smallish half in front of him with a bigger backrower helping out from the inside

4. jones63

jones63 Con Mika

All very good players. Throw Brendan Ohagan in there as well and you have the reason why the Harold Matts won the comp last year. Starling is tough as nails and creates so much, Ohagan is probably the best half in the SG Ball comp now, you can use either Dark or Brodie Jones as great ball playing locks or second rowers. Everything feeds of these four.

In Brock Lamb, Jack Cogger, Tom Starling, Brodie Jones, Kurtis Dark and Tex Hoy Newcatle have got a good core of kids to build a future team around. And they must retain them. However what do they do with Brendan Ohagan is an obvious question, dont think he will want to sit behind Cogger and Lamb waiting for an oppurtunity. Handy problem to have though.

5. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

O'Hagan seems to have all the same skills and talent as Cogger, but he also seems to have some real pace. He doesn't look like a speedster. He looks like a chubby 12 year old in fact, but i'd be surprized if he wasn't the fastest player in the team. It was almost funny last week watching the tall, athletic looking Roosters centre get in the clear and set off for a big run, and the little, stocky, redheaded choir boy looking guy ran him down easily - but then O"hagan got palmed off and the Roosters guy went on to score anyway.

6. mad goanna

mad goanna Danny Wicks

O'Hagan wants to get in front of them in defence, lamb not interested. These kids should be judged on their defence not attack