Johnny Raper battling dementia

Discussion in 'General Rugby League' started by rhugh89, Jan 26, 2018.

1. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

League Immortal and Dragons legend John Raper battling dementia

The Daily Telegraph
    January 26, 2018 7:03am

RUGBY league ‘Immortal’ John Raper is reportedly suffering dementia.

The 78-year-old St George legend has been receiving care for the condition in a Sydney nursing home for the past three months, according to Fairfax Media.

Regarded as the greatest lock forward to have played the game, Raper was an inaugural ‘Immortal’ inductee in 1981, alongside Clive Churchill, Bob Fulton and Reg Gasnier.

He spent 10 years at the Dragons from 1959, winning eight-straight first-grade premierships and playing 39 times for Australia.

Fellow ‘Immortal’ Graeme Langlands died last week after several years battling Alzheimer’s disease, the most common form of dementia.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...a/news-story/64ef2fe87ccd7ebe39fe702c92f248be

2. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    My old mate Chook is doing it tough. Many of the famed St George players from the great 50/60's run have had strokes, dementia etc. and passed away.

We are nearly the same age within a week or two, so how lucky a I sitting at my computer conversing with you guys, but then again.............................

Beaumont and LEVR like this.
  3. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

C'mon member you've got a few left in you yet! Have to see the knights grab 1 more title before you even think of curling the toes.

Beaumont, member 2299 and Lefty like this.
  4. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    lol Dan hopefully son, hopefully.