Jamie Buhrer

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by krustykraz, Jun 10, 2018.

1. krustykraz

krustykraz Russell Wyer

Great Clubman.
    Sad to see him pick up a season ending injury.
    Will we re-sign him for next year?
    If so, where would he play?
    What would be a fair salary?
    Sad to say but the reality is his injury has dropped his value.

2. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

Keep him at the club, but doubtful of a new playing contract imo he wasnt offering much on the field... but off the field according to bedsy and brown he is great.

3. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

Spend his money elsewhere imo

4. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

ESL time for Jamie.

5. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    I'd be happy to see him stay for $150k-$200k great mentor, good leader and handy backup.

6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Id make Jamie the reserve grade captain and give him 150-180k for another 2yrs no probs at all.
    If we need him he will do a job even though that job isnt the job he's best at.

7. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

From the DT

JAMIE Buhrer has seven games left to put forward his case for contract renewal to the Newcastle powers that be. That starts Saturday afternoon when the Knights host the Gold Coast Titans.

Buhrer is off contract at the end of 2018 and is yet to re-sign with the club, where he says he hopes to stay.

As talks continue between the Knights and Buhrer’s manager, the player knows it’s his performances on-field where he can do his bit and he intends to do so when he comes off the bench on Saturday.

“(It’s) not so much a point to prove, but just do everything I can to make sure that every performance I play is a good one for my team, make sure that I’m doing the right things so there’s a reason to want me back essentially,” Buhrer said.

“It’s between myself and the club at the moment. That’s where I stand. This is where I want to be and talks are ongoing.”

Knights coach Nathan Brown said this week he expected the club would be able to sign a couple more forwards before the end of the season.

As well as Buhrer, experienced forward Chris Heighington is off contract as are young props JJ Felise and Tyrone Amey and lock Luke Yates.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/2dfc7fb360113e8b706946af3764de05

8. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

As well as Buhrer, experienced forward Chris Heighington is off contract as are young props JJ Felise and Tyrone Amey and lock Luke Yates
    It will be interesting to see if any of these guys get resigned

9. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

ESL time for Jamie.

10. krustykraz

krustykraz Russell Wyer

Someone else said this before and i agree that Jamie would make a fantastic reserve grade captain and depth for nrl. He showed in the game we lost Ponga and Griff that his versatility is of value.

88Knight4life likes this.
  11. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

Buhrer will be saved by Griffs injury, need back up hooker and he is it unless we sign someone else and can be experienced player for reserves, on his own 2nd row sorry not needed.

12. Frank McWilliams

Yates days are numbered based on coaches use of him, tries hard, plays hard but a bit small, sorry but he is gone, Amey and JJ deserve an opportunity but if other props are signed they might not be needed.

13. Lefty

Lefty Chris Joynt

I think we should resign Amey and JJ. I would rather have too many props rather than too few. Good Props are in short supply at present.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Frank McWilliams

Jamie Buhrer will be signed, IMO, for at least a year, 2019, due to Griff injury, need the cover due to unlikely event of signing a replacement hooker for 1-2 years.

15. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

Resign him for a reserve grade spot and injury cover for cheap.

If things go well he shouldn't be seeing much first grade if any.

16. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

I don't think Buhrer will resign if its to play reserve grade , its easy to say resign him for reserve grade captain but he wont want that he will want to play 1st grade I reckon ..As far as signing him as cover for Griffin I think that will depend on whether we sign Roberts or not and I read somewhere yesterday that we are still in the hunt for Corey Norman as well and IF we got him that would probably put Watson to hooker with Levi and be the end of Buhrer .

17. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

No way in hell would Brown want Norman, and im 100% sure wests will reinforce the no Dhead policy

18. Joel

Joel Touche...

Griffin being down has put an extra year on his contract imo, not a bad decision if it plays out. Watson should be playing a fair bit more dummy half hopefully.

19. danknights

danknights Mark Hughes

Buhrer was dirty when he came off for Levi in the dying minutes of today's game.

20. EASBay17

EASBay17 David Lomax

he went on in the 66th minute and was brought off again in the 78th minute, can understand his frustration.