Jamie Buhrer announces retirement

krustykraz

Jarrod Mullen
Great Clubman.
Sad to see him pick up a season ending injury.
Will we re-sign him for next year?
If so, where would he play?
What would be a fair salary?
Sad to say but the reality is his injury has dropped his value.

Keep him at the club, but doubtful of a new playing contract imo he wasnt offering much on the field... but off the field according to bedsy and brown he is great.

Id make Jamie the reserve grade captain and give him 150-180k for another 2yrs no probs at all.
If we need him he will do a job even though that job isnt the job he's best at.

From the DT

JAMIE Buhrer has seven games left to put forward his case for contract renewal to the Newcastle powers that be. That starts Saturday afternoon when the Knights host the Gold Coast Titans.

Buhrer is off contract at the end of 2018 and is yet to re-sign with the club, where he says he hopes to stay.

As talks continue between the Knights and Buhrer’s manager, the player knows it’s his performances on-field where he can do his bit and he intends to do so when he comes off the bench on Saturday.

“(It’s) not so much a point to prove, but just do everything I can to make sure that every performance I play is a good one for my team, make sure that I’m doing the right things so there’s a reason to want me back essentially,” Buhrer said.

“It’s between myself and the club at the moment. That’s where I stand. This is where I want to be and talks are ongoing.”

Knights coach Nathan Brown said this week he expected the club would be able to sign a couple more forwards before the end of the season.

As well as Buhrer, experienced forward Chris Heighington is off contract as are young props JJ Felise and Tyrone Amey and lock Luke Yates.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/2dfc7fb360113e8b706946af3764de05

As well as Buhrer, experienced forward Chris Heighington is off contract as are young props JJ Felise and Tyrone Amey and lock Luke Yates
It will be interesting to see if any of these guys get resigned

Someone else said this before and i agree that Jamie would make a fantastic reserve grade captain and depth for nrl. He showed in the game we lost Ponga and Griff that his versatility is of value.

Buhrer will be saved by Griffs injury, need back up hooker and he is it unless we sign someone else and can be experienced player for reserves, on his own 2nd row sorry not needed.

Yates days are numbered based on coaches use of him, tries hard, plays hard but a bit small, sorry but he is gone, Amey and JJ deserve an opportunity but if other props are signed they might not be needed.

Yates days are numbered based on coaches use of him, tries hard, plays hard but a bit small, sorry but he is gone, Amey and JJ deserve an opportunity but if other props are signed they might not be needed.

I think we should resign Amey and JJ. I would rather have too many props rather than too few. Good Props are in short supply at present.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jamie Buhrer will be signed, IMO, for at least a year, 2019, due to Griff injury, need the cover due to unlikely event of signing a replacement hooker for 1-2 years.

Resign him for a reserve grade spot and injury cover for cheap.

If things go well he shouldn't be seeing much first grade if any.

I don't think Buhrer will resign if its to play reserve grade , its easy to say resign him for reserve grade captain but he wont want that he will want to play 1st grade I reckon ..As far as signing him as cover for Griffin I think that will depend on whether we sign Roberts or not and I read somewhere yesterday that we are still in the hunt for Corey Norman as well and IF we got him that would probably put Watson to hooker with Levi and be the end of Buhrer .

Griffin being down has put an extra year on his contract imo, not a bad decision if it plays out. Watson should be playing a fair bit more dummy half hopefully.

Back