Front Rowers Please!

Just looking at the list of off contract players and these are the only props i can find...
*TPJ- would love him here but very unlikly.
*Iosia Soliola- i would enquire as he is a decent player with experience who can play prop, lock & 2nd row. Also played for Brown in England.
*Tim Grant- worth a look as a bench/depth player.
*Dunamas Lui- Looked good when i seen him play but is only a fringe first grader, would be ok for depth.
*Keegan Hipgrave- talked up alot by comintators but i havent seen anything good from him.
*David Gower?? dont know much about him.
*Suaso Sue?? again not sure.
*Shaun Fenson?? He's a lock i dont know anything about him also.
*Eloni Vunakece- looks good for Fiji but apparently is not committed.
*Matt Lodge- yuck
*Korbin Sims- lol

Imo we should sign Soliola & either Grant or Lui.
And pray that we can get one of the following:
Tpj, Taupau or Napa.

Last edited:
TPJ is a lot more likely now that Sione has re-signed - but we'd need to make him a big offer I think.

TPJ is a lot more likely now that Sione has re-signed - but we'd need to make him a big offer I think.
Surely Brisbane cant afford to resign all the talent they off contract.
Tpj, Lodge, Sua, Isakco, Oates would all be commanding upgrades. Also Joe Ofa off contract next year.

I swear I remember reading there was some interest in soliloa but maybe it was just gossip.

There was an article about Lodge the other day basically saying the broncos are keen to work on an extension.

I think just pick the broncos pockets for whoever is left. To me it's crazy that Pangai isn't their first second and third priority so who knows what is going on there.

I don't get why lodge is their first priority personally

I swear I remember reading there was some interest in soliloa but maybe it was just gossip.

There was an article about Lodge the other day basically saying the broncos are keen to work on an extension.

I think just pick the broncos pockets for whoever is left. To me it's crazy that Pangai isn't their first second and third priority so who knows what is going on there.

I don't get why lodge is their first priority personally

It all comes down to dollars and cents, they probably feel like they can still get lodge lor cheap and then see what they have left to work with for everyone else.

TPJ declaring he wants to play for Bennet probably isn't doing himself any favours, probably figure he will wait around for his contract and get what's left.

Outside of TPJ that is an ordinary looking list. They're obviously hoping someone better gets shaken loose ala Pearce.

It all comes down to dollars and cents, they probably feel like they can still get lodge lor cheap and then see what they have left to work with for everyone else.

TPJ declaring he wants to play for Bennet probably isn't doing himself any favours, probably figure he will wait around for his contract and get what's left.

There were talks the upgrade would be significant, so a multi year deal at a normal players market value 400-500k which in BroncosGeeBucks will probably be 300k

Then again any upgrade from a 1yr minimum wage 85k will probably be big.

There were talks the upgrade would be significant, so a multi year deal at a normal players market value 400-500k which in BroncosGeeBucks will probably be 300k

Then again any upgrade from a 1yr minimum wage 85k will probably be big.
Im pretty sure the Nrl said they wouldnt sign off on an extension for him untill there were plans in plays to pay back his victims.

What about Sam Anderson. From newcastle originally. Playing q cup atm in a side coming 2nd. Can't be going too bad? @Billy you know much of Sam?
Very small prop with a giant motor and a lot of courage.
He came into our under 20s from the real NRL and was easily our best player in his second year - massive numbers of tackles and metres as a prop - played 80 minutes pretty often.
From memory, he followed Garth Brennan to Penrith and won a couple of reserve grade titles and team of the year and NSW resident selections. He also played a handful of firstgrade.
Might be a bit bigger than Luke Yates, but not much.
I seem to remember we let him go to sign Kyle O'Donnell, or maybe we had both of them for a while - and I remember arguing that Sam got his big numbers by making hard yards up the middle, while Kyle got his by running at the smallest guys he could see.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure the Nrl said they wouldnt sign off on an extension for him untill there were plans in plays to pay back his victims.

There is already a plan like that in place where a loan has been taken out to pay the victims while he pays it off with his earnings.
The bank of the thoroughbreds probably helped out there as its in the best interests of the broncos that Lodge is doing his due diligence by paying the victims what he owes them

There is already a plan like that in place where a loan has been taken out to pay the victims while he pays it off with his earnings.
The bank of the thoroughbreds probably helped out there as its in the best interests of the broncos that Lodge is doing his due diligence by paying the victims what he owes them
A loan from Suncorp? sounds dodgy to me.

Yeah it has already been bought up amongst other fan bases so I wouldn't be surprised. It goes around in circles and The Broncos help their own so it's gotta look all clean.

At the end of the day if the victims get what they wanted/deserve and the nrl see no issues:confused: than thats all well and good imo.
Lodge shouldnt be in the game at all tbh, though if the victims get something out of his good fortune than its a bit of a bowtie on a peace of chit isnt it?

Yeah it's a weird situation. I'm just glad we are not involved with him

Anyway Klemer has come out again and said he wouldn't mind parting ways with the bulldogs to help ease salary cap pressure. I would have no hesitations paying $500k to bring him here

I don't know how much Klemmer is on but whatever it is it would be worth us topping it up to get him here ..

Back