2018 Pre-Season and Trials

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2017/11/24/pre_season_update_wi.html

Ayoub's update.
Ayoub usually gives a lot of good information in his updates, but this one just says everyone is training well and there is an overall improvement on last year.
He mentions the usual suspects as good trainers - Meaney, Cogger, Sam Stone, but also adds Connor Watson and says Pat Mat is a big improver on last year.
The one bit of new information I can see is that Moga is ahead of where they thought he would be in his rehab after a shoulder reconstruction.

Levi back at training already!

I thought he would get more time off after rlwc ended.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

It's crazy that Levi is back training after a week off, and Griffin started training a day later after months off.

It's crazy that Levi is back training after a week off, and Griffin started training a day later after months off.
Just goes to show how committed to our team this bloke is, more players should look to this as motivation. He is due for a big year next year, he’s only getting better and after his back surgery he looked real fresh and dangerous.

Just goes to show how committed to our team this bloke is, more players should look to this as motivation. He is due for a big year next year, he’s only getting better and after his back surgery he looked real fresh and dangerous.
If he doesn't burn himself out by training 12 months of the year. Hopefully, they aren't making him do all the fitness work till after Christmas, because he would already be match fit.

Hes probably got an eye on his spot for next year. Got Buhrer playing hooker, signed Griffin, can put a number of other players there in Watson, Pythian etc. Sure, he is current NZ world cup hooker, but Levi doesn't strike me the type to take things for granted. Probably wanted to get back to training as soon as possible and not give his competition and leg up on him.

Coming back making a statement to the club and his fellow team mates, hey this is my spot, you just try and take it from me!

Am assuming that it was his choice to return and not club, better to be training under club guidance than on own for a week or to also nicer in the team environment

Isn't it great to hear all the players talking about having to compete for places and knowing that the competition is genuine - the first time in a long time that many positions are not somebodies to lose but ones that everybody has to earn and keep earning to stay in the top squad.

While Brownie has worked hard on trying to build the competitive culture within the playing ranks, he genuinely now has the tool of competitive motivation for positions, which should really see this team step up significantly to another level in 2018.

There's a few photos taken at this morning's speed drills. If that's Pat Mat in the yellow singlet I've never seen him look so fit.

Pat in photo 11 is just a step behind Sam Stone in a sprint, but Sam looks like he could go a bit harder.

Tyrone Amey has dropped some kgs by the look of him. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. He was on the small side already, but on the positive side, he will have a lot more fitness.

Knights to host Eels in Maitland trial

Thu 30th November, 12:30PM

The nib Newcastle Knights will host the Parramatta Eels in a trial match at Maitland on Saturday February 24.

It will be a huge day of football at the No.1 Sportsground, with five games scheduled including the Under 16s, 18s, 20s and Reserve Grade before the NRL match.

“This will be the Club’s final trial match before the season proper kicks off and what a wonderful occasion it will be to play this trial at Maitland’s No.1 Sportsground,” Knights CEO Philip Gardner said.

“With a host of new recruits joining the Club this season, this trial match will be a great opportunity for our fans to see those players in action for the very first time.”

The match has been made possible due to a partnership between the two clubs and Maitland City Council.

Maitland Mayor Loretta Baker said, “We’re excited to have both the Newcastle and Parramatta teams coming to Maitland in February.

“Obviously the Knights are the Hunter’s very own team but we understand there are also a lot of Eels fans around the city so we’re hoping this match will draw a big local crowd.”

Work began last year at Maitland’s No. 1 Sportsground, with the demolition of the old grandstand and the construction of a new multi-million dollar stand.

Tickets will go on sale to Members from Friday, with the match going on sale to the public from Monday online or over the counter at the Maitland Visitor Information Centre.

Tickets are $20 for grandstand seating, $10 for general admission and while children under 12 are free, a ticket will still need to be booked for each child along with the adult ticket.

Members will receive further details on Friday, with information on how to purchase tickets.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2017/11/30/knights_to_host_eels.html

Back