2018 halves combination

Mate you have got a few wrong. Blake green is going to the warriors.
Roosters Kleary. Cronk.
Bulldogs. Nu brown/mybe Foran
Penrith Cleary Moylan
New Zealand. Blake green and Johnson
Manly cherry Evans / Hastings or Cullen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Only going by current signings and my best guess so i definitely will be wrong on a few.

I hope the Lamb/Watson partnership carries us forward and becomes a strong partnership.

My only fear is having a dominant half out of them who takes control and can structure our attack as that's what good halves do.

I don't know who mentioned it earlier but watching Cronk dictate play, telling his players what to do, who takes what run, when, where etc. Melbourne players know their role, both before the whistle (ie coaching/gameplan) and during and a lot is due to on field game management. You watch Cronulla's finals loss and see Fifita running to the sideline when a field goal is on offer and i can tell you, no Cronk directed side would do that, they'd keep the ball central to give themselves a field goal opportunity. Same reason QLD always beat us in origin, game management and on field direction

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Watson has only been starting 5/8 for the roosters 10 times for 4 wins.
Lamb only has 3 wins I think, and none as a 7.
They are very young and inexperienced.
You can't expect much.

You can't expect much.

It’s a bit like the so called big 4 at the Tigers great hopes but yet to achieve an older head wouldn’t hurt them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have concerns about Lamb's general kicking game, it was average for a lot of last season, at times it was even bad. I'm not sure what Watson's kicking is like but if he is just a running five-eighth, then we need Lamb's boot to develop quickly otherwise we'll just have another Tyrone Roberts on our hands.

I still have concerns about Lamb's general kicking game, it was average for a lot of last season, at times it was even bad. I'm not sure what Watson's kicking is like but if he is just a running five-eighth, then we need Lamb's boot to develop quickly otherwise we'll just have another Tyrone Roberts on our hands.
Lamb has the best kicking game for a young bloke I've ever seen. He kicked for touch a lot because Brown told him to kick for touch a lot.

You can't expect much.

This.
I have massive hopes for Brock Lamb, and Connor Watson is an exciting signing. But if we can add an experienced (quality) half to the mix, I think we would be mad not to. We have the most exciting, green, inexperienced and vulnerable spine in the entire comp. We need an experienced hand (and I don't feel Hodko is it).

Goal kicker is a major consideration. Brown mentioned that Lamb and Hodkinson are the only real options at the moment, maybe someone else can start practicing now. We will need a backup even if one of those plays.

If we don’t have enough options, I think brown is going to be a fan of Jack Johns once he starts training.
Brown seems to be a big fan of smart players who know their role, and Johns had a few games at the end of last season where he looked very smart.

If we don’t have enough options, I think brown is going to be a fan of Jack Johns once he starts training.
Brown seems to be a big fan of smart players who know their role, and Johns had a few games at the end of last season where he looked very smart.

I wasn't impressed with him in the World Cup, admittedly, he wasn't on the field for long.

The second generation of Johns boys could be anything from plod to superstars. Their ages work pretty well too in terms of timing for possible succession to Pearce after a great apprenticeship.

Tigers big 4 had Farah lol
You need the right experienced players not just experience

True that.

On a side note Moylan reminds me a bit of an younger version of Farrah: selfish and not a team player when things aren't going his way.
Glad neither of these sooks came to the Hunter.

Back