Tea on day 3 and it's looking like a draw

India 4/303 and trail by 148 runs

Kohli failed again, He only got 6

Need wickets, C'mon boys !!

End of day 3 and all 3 results still possible

India 6/360 and trail by 91 runs

Australia need to clean up the tail quickly tomorrow

Pat Cummins the standout for Australia with 4/59 from 25 overs

Pujara has been great with his 130 not out and has been the difference between India collapsing again and still being in this game

Stumps Day 3
India 6 for 360
Pat Cummins 4 for 59 off 25 overs has been the pick of the Aussie bowlers. Glad he's done well in his test cricket come back.

Need quick wickets tomorrow if there's any hope of taking a 1st innings lead. A draw is starting to look more likely which will mean the 4th Test will be winner take all

Day 4 about to start and all 3 outcomes are still on the table

For Australia they need to bowl India out before lunch imo

For India they will know if they are still batting after lunch they will take the advantage

The pitch has held up well and above alot of peoples expectations but I feel it will start to play up today

There is some rough for the spinners which makes me a little worried because Jadeja and Ashwin are a tough prospect at the best of times

This will be a great days play, C'MON AUSSIES !!!

Hard to see India winning unless they pick up the run rate a lot.
On this pitch they need to get at least 200 in front and give themselves a day to bowl at us.

I don't see that Billy. The run rate in the first half hour will show their intent, but for mine Kholi has set up not to lose and play the draw.

I thought we would take wickets this morning's session but we have been totally outplayed. Less than 5 minutes to lunch and less than 20 runs difference, our inability to break this partnership makes the Indians short priced favourites.

If they get a lead of say 150 1/2 hour before stumps, and put us in, we will have to bat well and long to save the game. That means David Warner no silly across the line shots and concentrate man no full tosses hit back to the bowler! He is the key. Early departure puts pressure on all down the line. Smithy can't do it every time and next in Marsh is a cot case of nerves and Peter Hanscomb does not handle spin well.

Pass the message on to him eh, Billy?

Lunch on day 4 and India have won that first session

They are 6/435 and trail by just 16 runs so they look like taking a lead but the issue for them becomes time

As Billy eluded to the run rate is too slow and India want to win they must increase it

Atm they are only scoring at 2.70rpo they need to lift that to 4rpo at least

Draw is odds on but we have seen multiple collapses in this series by both teams so you just never know...

Tea and we still haven't taken a wicket with India 6/503 and lead by 52 runs

Pujara has faced 505 balls for his 190 at a strike rate of 37.62, That's the longest test innings by an Indian batsman

Saha is stuck on 99 at tea and this partnership is worth 175

I wish there was more in this pitch but it's not doing much, From one extreme to another on these doctored Indian pitches

I'll be glad when this tour is over tbh

India have declared at 9/603 and lead by 152 runs

The Aussies look down and out tbh and they have to face 8 overs tonight

Cummins has bowled 39 overs, Hazlewood 44 overs, O'Keefe 77 overs and Lyon 46 overs

Overall Australia has been in the field for 210 overs

All of our bowlers have tried so hard but this pitch offers bugger all and yet they all have economy rates under 3.5

We have bowled 39 maidens in that 210 overs

We can save this game but India are odds on to win this, Fatigue may very well be our downfall

Wouldn't be surprised if we lose 2 or 3 wickets in this 8 overs

i'd score runs on this wicket, and i'm nearly 60 and blind as a bat.
It's really surprised me, I thought it would offer more on days 4 and 5 but pretty much nothing

Although our left handers will struggle as there is some rough at one end for Ashwin and/or Jadeja to work with

Australia 2/23 at stumps still trailing by 129 runs

Warner failed again, He has scores of 38, 10, 33, 17 and 14 at an average of 22.4 in this series

We really need more from him as an opener and vice captain

Nathan Lyon is the other man out

Warner simply don't use his brain. Fit for 'hit and giggle' stuff only. Unless Smithy does it we are doomed - doomed I say!

Buddy we have too many left handers in our batting line up. They are so conned by any ball bowled across the body. That is what happens when you are standing on the wrong side of the bat.

Should have had it belted out of them at school, these perverted habits!

I love it when NZ tour India, even if we do usually get smashed. Such different conditions and the atmosphere there is amazing. Tests there are very rarely boring either ... sides can collapse from any situation.

Aussies have been their own worst enemy.

Sometimes it seems like they're more concerned at niggle and seeming like tough guys and they forget about winning the game. Should just focus on playing good fair cricket.

Other teams don't seem to have all these problems playing India.

Lunch on day 5 and it's all but over with the Aussies 4/83

Smith is gone, Renshaw too

Kohli has the same issue as most of the Australian team, Too focused on the bulls*** hence why he has failed all series

I like the way Renshaw goes about it, Just smile and get on with it

I wish these games between India and Australia were played in the right spirit but they haven't been for a while now

This series in particular has been pretty poor in that regard and both teams are to blame especially the skippers

There is a difference between being competitive and just being a di**head

Face pulling, Insults, Mocking injuries and cheating allegations...Like kids in a playground at times

Handscomb and Marsh have done a great job, We didn't lose a wicket in that session !!

Aussies are 4/149 and only trail by 3 runs so India will have to bat again

Handscomb has 44 off 118 balls and Marsh has 38 off 127 balls

Last session coming up and with each over that passes without a wicket Australia move closer to an unlikely draw

C'mon boys, Keep fighting !!

Back