2017 NYC Holden Cup

Most of our best under 20s will be on senior contracts and will be playing reserve grade or firstgrade - Ponga, Starling, Jones, Saulo, Cooper and possibly others like Mitch Andrews, Loughrey etc.
The guys who play under 20s will mostly be part timers - like the under 16s and under 18s. It won't surprize me if almost all our under 20s squad are 17 or 18 year olds, with maybe only a few 19 year olds.

Most of our best under 20s will be on senior contracts and will be playing reserve grade or firstgrade - Ponga, Starling, Jones, Saulo, Cooper and possibly others like Mitch Andrews, Loughrey etc.
The guys who play under 20s will mostly be part timers - like the under 16s and under 18s. It won't surprize me if almost all our under 20s squad are 17 or 18 year olds, with maybe only a few 19 year olds.

With the best U20s players going into reserve grade, is it possible that it will actually do the opposite of one of the things the NRL wanted, by actually phasing out the older guys who developed late completely because a bunch of positions will need to be given to youngsters & the rest taken up by guys in the top 30 that aren't playing NRL?

With the best U20s players going into reserve grade, is it possible that it will actually do the opposite of one of the things the NRL wanted, by actually phasing out the older guys who developed late completely because a bunch of positions will need to be given to youngsters & the rest taken up by guys in the top 30 that aren't playing NRL?

[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think it will happen in 2018, but eventually there will be another 8 NSW cup or Qld cup sides, and late developers like Fitzgibbon or Braidie Smith will have plenty of chances to go to those clubs for a year or two.

I don't think it will happen in 2018, but eventually there will be another 8 NSW cup or Qld cup sides, and late developers like Fitzgibbon or Braidie Smith will have plenty of chances to go to those clubs for a year or two.

And assumably in the same comp, while hopefully being associated with an NRL club. Hopefully the NRL gets that up & running sooner than later.

Back