2017 Knights Memberships

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Kurriboy, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Craig Kimmorley

Has anybody got their 2017 membership renewal letters yet?

Not interested in hearing how your not going to renew etc. Thats your choice.

An email received in august stated we should get renewal letters next month but nothing so far.

Just wondering if anyone has received theirs?

2. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Knights celebrate 30 years

Wed 21st September, 10:04AM
    [FONT=&amp]
    The Newcastle Knights reach a significant milestone in 2017, with the Club set to celebrate it’s 30th anniversary.

Over the past three decades plenty of great moments have played out on the sacred ground at Hunter Stadium and beyond, from Darren Albert’s try in the 1997 grand final to Kurt Gidley’s sideline conversion against the Melbourne Storm in 2014.

With focus turning to the 2017 season, and an opportunity to celebrate a rich history, the Club unveils the ’30 Years’ logo.

The Club invites you to join the celebrations, and support the 2017 Membership campaign featuring the 30-year milestone.

Membership renewals commence in one week, at 10am on September 28, and all current members of the Club will receive their renewal documentation in the mail shortly.

For new Members, the on sale date is November 3.

Members on the Defenders automatic renewal payment plan don’t need to lift a finger, as their Membership will automatically rollover on October 3.

For those who are not on the automatic renewal plan, you can renew online via your MyKNIGHTS account, over the phone (1300 465 644) or at the Club Shop.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2016/09/21/knights_celebrate_30.html

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

3. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Got mine via email about two weeks ago. Seriously considering which way to go. This talk of going the Salford way does not impress me.

4. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

If my memberships is $99 with a $200 refund from 2016 ill continue....maybe.

5. Gman88

Gman88 Greg Smith

After being a ticketed member since 2003 and a KFL member etc. long before that I've decided not to renew for 2017. There's only so many weekends that you can tolerate mediocre performances. I'll still watch the games just from the comfort of home.

6. relicorange94

relicorange94 Mick Jenkins

Mai-Wel
    Joining in a boycott are you?

7. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Happy to stick by knights through thick and thin! Ill be re-signing my membership as soon as i can!!

8. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'll be renewing, Chucking away your membership only hurts the club financially and won't help improve the on-field performance

9. member 2299

Retired
    Spot on mate have come to the same decision. One has to take the good times with the bad, and we will get through it.

10. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Andrew 'Joey' Johns

modern burlesque dancer
    Great to see so many stalwarts, well done guys. #staytrue

11. Gman88

Gman88 Greg Smith

No not boycotting. I'm still a supporter I just don't want to pay a couple of hundred dollars to see a team that is way out of its depth get beaten week in week out because they are run by a hopeless administration. Aside from 2006 and 2013 there has been little in the way of on-field success (Since 2004 The Knights have only made the finals 4 times and have won 3 wooden spoons and were lucky not to finish last in 2007). Lets face it by choosing to attend certain games I'll probably end up contributing a similar amount financially to the club than being a season ticket holder.

The Knights won't be successful in the NRL whilst TPA are the norm because they cannot compete financially to recruit players, which in turn relates to on-field success. On-field success brings sponsorship and free to air TV games which in turn brings more sponsorship. The Knights only had 3 free to air TV games in 2016 (None of which were Thu/Fri night games) so they automatically are on the back foot in terms of marketing. I love watching the Knights play regardless of their success, but I cannot justify continuing with purchasing a season ticket for a club that has only won 5 of their past 44 games.

12. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Yeah I could understand the financial side of people not wanting to renew, but I'll renew as long as it looks like they're trying to do the right thing. Not renewing would only be a protest, a protest of what? Most of us agree with what Brown is doing, just gonna take a long time for it to unfold unfortunately.

13. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Craig Kimmorley

There was always going to be a backlash from a season we just had. A lot of members won't renew their membership and that is fair enough, it's their choice.

I'll be there though because the club means more to me than the bad years. I've followed the Knights since 88 as a kid going to the ground with my dad. Now I take my own kids to the ground. I remember sitting on the hill at our spot right on half way, sitting down on the wall. Watching the endless streams of people walking around the ground.

14. EASBay17

EASBay17 Shane Mackley

Are they still doing the auto-renewal for members paying by card or on payment plans?
    i havnt got letter as i changed address and forgot to notify them.

15. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Craig Kimmorley

Give them a call now renewals are underway, they can arrange it over the phone.

Just did mine today.

16. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Renewed mine today! Keen as for the new season!!!

17. member 2299

Retired
    Ahh Josh hope springs eternal in the heart of the true fan!

18. Trent

Trent Darren Forward

I emailed yesterday saying I did not wish to renew my membership, received a stock standard email saying thank you it won't be renewed.

Considering I have been a member for a number of years now and they would expect people not to renew given the poor last couple of years and next year potentially not being much better you'd think they'd ask you why you wanted to cancel or at least offer you something to stay on board.

Bit disappointing to be honest.

19. Beaumont

Beaumont Paul the Chief Harragon

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    100% agree . I went from Armoury Club to zero membership which apparently mattered not.

20. Trent

Trent Darren Forward

I have only been on the GA membership since I'm in Sydney and I haven't been able to make a game for the last two seasons so they've got money for nothing from me. My decision to not renew is more based on changed circumstances rather than anything to do with the on field results.

The email response basically suggested they couldn't give two hoots about whether or not we renewed. A simple offer like a discount for signing up a friend or a voucher for the team store or even just a survey asking for feedback would show they actually cared. Looks like my money will be going elsewhere this year.