2017/2018 Knights Player signing speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Benny's tinkling I don't think he had anything like a top 13, maybe a top three or four the rest were reserve graders.

With Ben Barba suspended for 12 weeks and his future at the club up in the air, Bird is even willing to give Holmes first crack at the vacant fullback position.

"I'm happy at centre. To be honest, it doesn't really bother me (where I play) besides winger," he said.

"But in saying that, anywhere to be around the ball I guess. I enjoy the halves but I'm not much of an organiser. I'm more of a runner."

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/12/07/11/06/jack-bird-hoping-to-remain-at-sharks

Sounds like he thinks centre is his best position too...Also sounds like he wont be coming here although cash is a factor he said but not a big one ...

Maybe maybe not but i didnt say that i just said that centre was his best position and apparently he thinks so too ....Someone that can do a good job in any position in the backs is worth a bit though ....

Not saying u did mate! Thats just the number being thrown around atm and imo no centre is worth over 600k.

Edge forwards are the most working in todays game so to me they are the highest paid outside of the spine, followed by props and locks then wing and centres.

Yeah i seen those reports, id personally beat Brown into submission if that ever came true.
Luckily as like most reports its highly inflated dribble to sell a story.

Like pongas 3.6mil over 4yrs lolololols

The Lurker

Buzz Rothfield revealed in last weekend's Sunday Telegraph that Newcastle was poised to target a VERY big-name.

Well, I am here to tell you that very player is Cronulla's Jack Bird.

The Knights, with young star Kalyn Ponga having already signed, now want Bird - and they reckon they can get him.

Bird, who debuted for NSW this year, comes off contract at Cronulla after next season and is on the radar of a host of clubs.

But money talks and Newcastle is ready to outlay big, big money for Bird.

And Ponga's shock signing has shown the rugby league world that Newcastle mean business.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...s-jack-bird/cp97mqfndddo19oj19siw377y/slide/1

And then this report

But speaking at Wednesday’s launch of the Auckland Nines in Sydney, Bird gave Cronulla fans great hope he’d be remaining in the Shire.

“I just want to be comfortable where I am. I’m happy to stay at the Sharks, I want to stay at the Sharks,” he said.

"I'm not really demanding that much, to be honest. I'm not that kind of guy. I just like playing footy.

“If I got offered minimum wage I’d probably play. It’s just for the love of the sport.

“Hopefully by the start of the (2017) season it will be sorted.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sh...s/news-story/9cdc683804d36dc19181b544c67a5779

For 'comfortable where I am' read whichever I can screw the most bucks out of. Let's offer him the $87,000.00 and he is a moral to come. What a crock of crap!

As soon as he gets married he'll understand the importance of maximising his earnings - that whining voice in his ear all day and all night will bring it home to him.

Hahahaha what a joke.
Id love to see him sign a 5yr deal with the sharks for 600k then.

Plenty of BETTER options to bolster out side over him imo anyway

Just a reminder guys that when posting articles or parts of articles please post the links as well

Billy, Billy, Billy. I don't think he is EVER going to marry his manger! Ohh you mean his wife? Pretty negative old son someone may send this to your lady! :@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back