2017/2018 Knights Player signing speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm built like the Rock make $5000 an hour and my girl has boobs like Pamela Anderson at her best...... Lefty anyone can say anything doesn't mean its true ....
Just a pity that it looks like she fell from an ugly tree.

Listo-as a Novocastrian who's had to spend most of their adult life out of Newcastle due to work and study, I can assure you the worst thing about Newcastle is the lack of varying industry/opportunity.
If someone paid me big bucks to relocate to Newcastle I would literally be laughing all the way to the bank.
I would live in Cooks Hill, have Bar beach my local and drive 15 mins to training in Mayfield any day of my life than move to Moorebank and do the Western Sydney grind that the Dogs/Panthers/eels/tigers players do.
It's crazy that browny seems to be the first coach to try and sell the lifestyle the region has to offer.

But it's super great that you're a Nth QLDer and you love the knights. I honestly thought a love of the hunter region would be the main reason for a love of the team.

Oi I work in Moorebank!

When we were trying to get him released early it was reported that he could earn an extra 240k this year if they released him. His On minimium wage now?? 350k would be a ballpark figure for his first yr if those reports were true.

He got upgraded to about 180k last year from the Cowboys. His dad ran to the media to try force a release this year as he would of got around 350k this season from the Knights.

Anyone thinking that's all he will be on from next year and beyond at a base rate is kidding themselves.

I live in a town in western qld joey, I'm just describing my first impressions of Newcastle. I'm assuming an away football player would be there as long & see about the same as me.
One thing I will say in Newcastles favour from our first visit, everywhere we went on the esplanade side, people were lovely, we were blown away by their hospitality
The away team stay at one of the best hotels at the top of town about 40 meters to the beach I'm sure that's not there first impression

I live in a town in western qld joey, I'm just describing my first impressions of Newcastle. I'm assuming an away football player would be there as long & see about the same as me.
One thing I will say in Newcastles favour from our first visit, everywhere we went on the esplanade side, people were lovely, we were blown away by their hospitality

I was born in Waratah & I lived in Warners Bay until I was 17. It was a nice place to grow up.

I to came to Sydney because I got a job down here and have been down here since.

Ideally I would be living in Newcastle but I'm happy living in Sydney.

Newcastle is a great place to live, it is a clean city now, great beaches everywhere, cool sea breezes, it's compact & easy to get around without traffic, very friendly people, an ideal place to raise children, with excellent places to eat and vineyards not far away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, the laid back Newcastle lifestyle does not suit the younger players, but when they start having kids, it's ideal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, the laid back Newcastle lifestyle does not suit the younger players, but when they start having kids, it's ideal.

Moving away from your support when you have a young family isn't ideal either.

Gagai seems to have moved his parents down. Ponga is doing the same. Have to sell it as a package I think.

Apparently something like 60% of football players in Sydney live in the Cronulla shire, with virtually all Sydney sides, except Manly maybe, having players who live there.
It's the right mix of wealthy and bogan for footy players.

That's why Newcastle has been such a magnet for good young players from Sydney...

OMG, no one in the world knows how much players are on!>!>!!!!! Journalists are all liarrs!!! Argh, speculation, waste of time!!!! etc etc etc

I said not every player or do you assume all players are the same?

And take a valium bud I am sure your not silly enough that I have to post in my oppinion after each post.

The bad influence of that other place is really rubbing off on you last few months.

Apparently something like 60% of football players in Sydney live in the Cronulla shire, with virtually all Sydney sides, except Manly maybe, having players who live there.
It's the right mix of wealthy and bogan for footy players.

Whats with you guys first paying out where I work now where I live fml lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back