2017/2018 Big Bash

Just to give you an idea of how dominant Darcy Short has been his 504 runs is a record for the most runs in a BBL season

He didn't just beat the record either, He absolutely smashed it

The previous record was Shaun Marsh in BBL02 who got 412 runs in a season

Short also set a record for the highest individual score in BBL history with his 122 not out from 69 balls vs the Heat a couple of weeks back

He is closing in on Lynn's record of most sixes in a season, Lynn got 27 in BBL05 and Short has 21 so far

He is also closing in on Luke Pomersbach's record of most fours in a season, Pomersbach got 49 boundaries in BBL02 and Short has 47 so far

Ahhh roughie you have done brilliantly all summer.

Watching last night's game I was sure Ten listed Thursday's game as 3pm start AESDT but 7.40pm local would be more logical.

The Melbourne crowd sure gave KP a great se d off into his retirement .

Could be another upset in the Finals today

Earlier the Scorchers knocked off the Thunder in the WBBL semi and now Hobart (210) have posted the biggest total this season and the equal 3rd biggest total in BBL history

Matt Wade (71 off 45), Ben McDermott (67* off 30) and Dan Christian (37 off 22) did the damage

Mitch Johnson (0/43 from 4 overs), Mitch Marsh (0/53 from 4 overs) and Jhye Richardson (0/37 from 4 overs) all had spells to forget

Bresnan went for 40 but took 2 wickets

16 extras in that innings too, Not like the Scorchers to be that undisciplined

Scorchers all out for 139, Huge upset !!

Dan Christian (4/17) and Tom Rogers (3/31) were brilliant

Gee's member, sudden death semi back in the day and we have the opportunity to bring back the Johns brothers for a semi who have been out since round 10 what do we do?

Same thing with 2 in form internationals.

Think of the two guys bundled out after playing round matches sitting in the dugout watching the two in form Internationals flunk!

Last edited:
Fantastic game last night between the Renegades and Strikers, Went down to the last ball !!

The Sixers and Adelaide had a great match in the WBBL as well with the Sixers getting home by 17 runs after posting just 138

FINALS

Date - 4th Febuary, 2018

Venue - Adelaide Oval

WBBL03 FINAL - Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers @ 11:50am (Local Time)

BBL07 FINAL - Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes @ 4:00pm (Local Time)

Huge win for the Sixers in the WBBL03 Final !!

After dominating with the ball and bowling Perth out for just 99 they reached the target in 15 overs and lost just one wicket

Well done to all the players and teams, I've really enjoyed watching the WBBL this season !!

Jake Weatherald has produced the highest score in a BBL Final to put the Strikers on top

He got 115 off 70 balls which included 9 fours and 8 sixes

The Strikers finished 2/202 which is the highest team score in a BBL final

The poor old Hurricanes bowlers had a day to forget, Most went for 10 runs or more an over

Clive Rose - 0/30 off 3 overs @ 10.00 rpo
Jofra Archer - 1/48 off 4 overs @ 12.00 rpo
Tom Rogers - 0/30 off 4 overs @ 7.50 rpo
Riley Meredith - 0/34 off 3 overs @ 11.33 rpo
Darcy Short - 0/20 off 2 overs @ 10.00 rpo
Dan Christian - 1/38 off 4 overs @ 9.50 rpo

Thought's on BBL is way to much at the start, they need to stagger it over -December-Jan-Feb 4 nights a week, pretty hard to get excited when you are smashed 7 nights a week with it. Absolutely love it and probably watched 75% of it but too much every night.

Also while the irons are hot for it time to look at Expanding.

ACT for sure, 2nd QLD team could easily be accommodated.

Commentary whilst I realise is meant to be more light hearted is quite annoying at times but that is a personal thing. - Do we really need to get so much of their personal lives in it?

You are gettin' old Scaleybugs.

For me as much as I liked it first few years, this year too much of a good thing.

Back